SuccessFactors Consultant (Compensation Management and Succession & Development Planning) (US Citizen or Permanent Resident required)
SuccessFactors Consultant (Compensation Management and Succession & Development Planning)
- 8+ years of experience in two or more SAP modules or submodules.
- At least three full life-cycle implementation projects (from Blueprint/Explore through Go-Live).
- Understanding of SAP Activate Methodology.
- Typically acts as a lead in workstream activities on a project, maybe part of the Project Management Office of a project.
- Understanding of integration between modules.
- Leads detailed module-specific configuration and master data development.
- Ability to use Service Marketplace to create tickets, research notes, review release notes and solution roadmaps as well as provide guidance to customers on release strategy.
- Understands complete Module/Application specific SAP functionality
- Understands how to utilize SAP’s Functionality/Integration to meet business requirements
- Effectively plans configuration and master data development
- Understands effort/resources required to customize SAP to meet customer requirements
- Ensures SAP is meeting project objectives/vision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to clearly and concisely communicate with others.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Understanding of business processes for focus area or multiple modules.
- Ability to do research and perform detailed tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understands business functionality related to SAP module/application as well as can identify and understand touchpoints between modules.
- Understands how to solve detailed SAP problems.
- Understands and can explain best business practices, especially those that SAP enables.
- Understands detailed business functionality related directly and indirectly to SAP project
- Has knowledge and experience in client’s industry
- Can solve/can contact the resource to solve detailed SAP problems
- Can apply best business practices, especially those that SAP enables to meet client needs
- Aptitude for working in a team environment; problem-solving skills, creative thinking, communicating clearly and empathetically, strong time management, and ability to collaborate with all levels of staff.
- Ability to explain ideas and concepts to other project team members and to client personnel.
- Has a solid foundation for consulting “soft” skills necessary on client engagements, may act as a coach for others related to these soft skills.
- Ability to interpret requirements and apply SAP best practices.
- Ability to identify upsell opportunities and assists in the management of scope.
- Creates professional relationships with client
- Develop new professional peer relationships for additional business or possible new consultants
- Helps develop overall marketing messages
- Communicates project resource requirements to staffing coordinator/clients
- Ensures quality implementation (works with QA program)
- May participate in Pre-Sales as part of the client pursuit team
- Self-starter with the ability to manage their own time and task in order to meet project milestones.
- Manages team task lists in order to meet project milestones
- Monitors team status and reports variances
- Seeks ways to increase the project team effectiveness
- May act as a mentor to Consultants and Sr. Consultants
- Works well as a leader of the entire team (motivates team)
- Seeks ways to increase the project team effectiveness
- Development of consultants to meet your project’s requirements
- Development of consultants for the long term
- Give effective feedback (Immediate and Evaluations)
- May lead and focus project team efforts in developing solutions for client situations
- Evaluates and designs application and/or technical architectures
- Leads team effort in developing solutions for projects
- Completes assignments within budget, meets project deadlines, makes and keeps sensible commitments to client and team
- Meets billing efficiency targets, complies with all administrative responsibilities in a timely and effective manner
- Keeps project management apprised of project direction and client concerns
- Understands client’s business and technical environments
- Regularly prepares status reports
- Effectively manage a single engagement on a detailed level
- Define project scope
- Direct team efforts in developing solutions for mission-critical client needs
- Manage the team responsible for the daily activities of assigned projects
- Ensure project quality, satisfaction, and profitability
- Perform personnel performance evaluations
- Provide personnel performance, development, and education plans
- Refer to the Performance Plan and Job Description documents for additional responsibilities of this position
- Accountable for the successful implementation of SAP SuccessFactors Solution with integration to SAP Public Sector Finance modules following SF Launch or Activate Methodology standards.
- Serves as a solution architect and subject matter expert in the area of SuccessFactors Compensation Management and Succession & Development Planning
- Leads workshops with customers to demonstrate and explain module functionality and best practice processes.
- Assists customers improve business processes and document changes required to configuration settings to implement redesigned business processes.
- Reviews to-be design documentation for quality.
- Reviews SAP configuration settings as required.
- Ensures comprehensive Unit tests of standard screens and applications.
- Reviews specifications for technical development (e.g. integrations).
- Coordinates with technical developers to review specifications with customers, explain the design and obtain approval of specifications.
- Assists developers by responding to questions and clarifications.
- Assists customers develop test cases, test scripts and test plans.
- Assists customers perform integration and acceptance testing.
- Coordinates resolution of defects and issues identified by the customer in integration testing.
- Assists training developers by providing conceptual content, exercise content, and demonstration content. Reviews training materials for correct representation of SAP functionality.
- Coordinates execution of data conversions and provides data validation assistance to customers.
- Assists customers to anticipate, identify and resolve post-go-live issues.
- Coordinates update of all design, configuration, and specification documentation and attends a documentation walk-through with the customer.
- Provides knowledge transfer to the customer throughout the project.
- Responsible for the management of scope.
- Identifies and logs issues and risks.
- Establish clear expectations regarding status reporting, team communication, and deliverable management.
- Manages and provides oversight of team tasks.
- Reports to Project Manager
Qualifications and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required. The required knowledge and skills for the role are:
- 8-10 years of industry and/or consulting experience with SAP HCM and SuccessFactors.
- At least 3 years of experience in full-cycle implementations of SuccessFactors with certification in Compensation Management and Succession & Development Planning
- Experience with SF Launch or Activate implementation methodology
- S/4HANA experience is a plus.
Aptitude for consulting:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen, respond and build trust
- Ability to implement practical business solutions under strict deadlines.
- Ability and desire to work with people as part of a high-performance team
- Additional Key Skills:
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Customer service focus and attitude
- Ability to manage a team and strong collaboration skills
LSI Consulting offers a highly competitive salary and bonus structure, along with profit sharing and top-notch medical and dental coverage.