Position: Payroll Manager
Location: Maple Ridge, BC
Lordco Parts Ltd. is looking for a Payroll Manager for our Maple Ridge Head Office location, which will be relocating to our new state of the art Head Office in Port Coquitlam at the end of 2021. If you are looking for a fun and dynamic workplace with excellent benefits and support for career advancement, apply to join the Lordco team and grow with us today!
WHY WORK FOR LORDCO?
Lordco Auto Parts is Canada’s largest independently-owned automotive parts retailer, with over 100 locations across Western Canada. We have been a family owned and operated business since 1974, and we strive to keep that feeling alive with every employee.
Our employees are our family, and we want to make sure they’re taken care of. In order to do this, we offer an excellent benefits package to full-time employees which includes Health and Dental Insurance, RRSP matching, a wellness program, an Employee & Family Assistance Program, and a generous employee discount.
- Training, developing, coaching, and supervising payroll staff.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the payroll department.
- Managing and resolving any issues related to payroll.
- Leading the implementation of new payroll processes and systems.
- Prepare payroll reports.
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (eg. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades.
- Identify any areas of improvement within the payroll process.
- Perform the tasks associated with a complete pay period cycle from time validation to issuance of direct deposit.
- Answer payroll inquiries from staff related to earnings, deductions, taxable benefits, salary, vacation and sick leave.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Assist with reconciling payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance.
- Oversee the maintenance of payroll files and records.
- Oversee with year-end processes including the preparation of T4s.
- 5+ years experience as a Payroll Manager
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree relevant to payroll
- Extensive experience using ADP Systems, specifically ADP Workforce Now NA
- Overall strong payroll system experience
- Strong ability to lead a diverse team
- Experience with creating payroll reports with an analyst mindset
- Experience implementing/changing payroll systems.
- PCP certificate is required.
- Experience in payroll within a retail environment.
- Knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of employment standards act.