Project Coordinator - Construction and Development
Position: Project Coordinator – Construction and Development
Location: Port Coquitlam (Head Office)
Do you want to work at our beautiful new head office? Do you want a stable career and receive excellent benefits? Join our Port Coquitlam, BC, head office team and let work, work for you.
Lordco Auto Parts is searching for a Facilities Project Coordinator. Jumpstart your career as a Facilities Coordinator and grow with Lordco Auto Parts today.
Why work for Lordco?
Lordco Auto Parts is Canada’s largest independently-owned automotive parts retailer, with over 100 locations across Western Canada. As a family-owned and operated business since 1974, we want you to feel valued and welcomed within our diverse and inclusive team.
- Extended Benefits for You and Your Family
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Expense Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Disability
- Education and Savings Plans, RRSP matching
- Health and Wellness Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Generous Employee Perks and Discounts
- Promote-From-Within Culture
- Work Flexibility
Do you fit the part?
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator in Retail Commercial Construction or equivalent experience
- PMP certification would be an asset
- Knowledge of construction management and building maintenance practices
- Experience dealing with city and municipal representatives an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic project environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills (prioritizing, time management, record keeping, follow-up, etc.) and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Adobe Acrobat Software
- A proven collaborator and strong team player, self-motivated and proactive thinker with a track record of success
- Able to travel
- Strong planning and execution skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to draft in AutoCAD an asset
- Assist in the planning and implementation of assigned construction, development, and building maintenance projects varying in size and scope
- Assist with building related projects by collaborating with the assigned Project Manager or acting as Project Manager when project size allows it.
- Assist in project set-up, scheduling, and cost control for building-related projects
- Assist in monitoring the progress of projects and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects
- Create & maintain project schedules in Microsoft Projects
- Interact with consultants, contractors, and internal project stakeholders as required by Project Managers
- Coordination of building-related requests and review of complaints from Lordco facilities
- Coordination and tracking of service contracts that support the smooth operation of Lordco’s facilities
- Track, monitor, and expedite submittals to ensure they are reviewed and returned within the specified times.
- Ensure project and departmental files are kept up to date using the specified document control system
- Monitor site safety on project sites to ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety
- Assist with preparation of minutes of meetings and other various reports as required
Apply now and join our family today!