Senior Software Development Engineer
LOOKINGGLASS CYBER SOLUTIONS is hiring for an experienced, dynamic and technically versed Senior Software Development Engineer. This position may support out of our Reston, VA office or Baltimore, Md.
The Senior Software Development Engineer position requires applicants to be self-driven and work as part of a distributed team designing and implementing high quality, customer driven solutions. The ideal candidate has strong working knowledge and experience of Agile Software Development and will be responsible for design, implementation, testing, building and deployment of solutions touching on a wide variety of technologies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designs, implements, tests, and reviews large scoped features to include: anchor features, cross-functional scoped features;
- Proficient in enterprise SDLC best practices and defines standards for the product team to include: peer review techniques, principles of software composition, branching, deployment, and documentation;
- Works closely with principals to define the patterns, frameworks, standards, and techniques relating to architecture, software composition, component and product interfaces;
- Understands where the codebase deviates from established coding standards and can determine based on product priorities the most appropriate time to fix the codebase;
- Technical mentor for mid and junior level engineers. Relied on for technical expertise, product development experience, and enterprise processes;
- Actively communicates daily progress on a cross-functional team. Recognizes impediments within the team and where appropriate, assists team members in resolving impediments
- 7+ years of experience in design and implementation of complex solutions;
- Strong coding skills;
- Linux system experience required;
- Proficiency with Java, bash, Spring and Tomcat;
- Understanding of various virtualization technologies
- Understanding of GIT and CI/CD practices and tools;
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment.
- Background in security and network products;
- Experience working on Enterprise Product Development teams;
- Familiarity with the Cybersecurity industry, and threat intelligence.
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, equivalent work experience can be substituted for a degree.