Senior QA Engineer
LOOKINGGLASS CYBER SOLUTIONS is hiring for an experienced Senior QA Engineer to support in our Baltimore, MD office.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be working as a member of our Product Engineering team to clarify product requirements, design test strategies that maximize value, and build automation to continuously measure product fitness against rapid software changes. This is an ideal job if you are an engineer who wants to be part of an highly skilled team, values total ownership of your work, and loves automation.
We're looking for a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys the art and science of testing while building a product in a fast-paced startup culture. If you are a skilled QA engineer with professional experience testing and automating enterprise software products, we want to speak with you!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Designs, builds, reviews, and executes test cases against complex features that have multiple side effects.
- Grasps enterprise architectures with demonstrated ability to apply principles of data modeling & pipelines, database design, messaging, job processing, api, and ui
- Is proficient in all aspects of enterprise SDLC and defines standards concerning best practices relating to: peer review, principles of qa automation, testing processes, defect management, branching, deployment, and documentation
- Expertise with emergent requirements analysis and test case composition. Proven ability to break down features into test suites with an appropriate balance of manual and automated tests
- Builds API, UI, and data processing test automation against large-scale features following industry best practices
- Actively communicates daily progress on a cross-functional team, recognizes impediments in the team and helps teammates resolve
- 7+ years industry experience in System Software QA engineering
- Experience developing test automation in a Linux environment
- Solid understanding of QA tools and automated testing environments (Selenium, Jenkins, scripting environments, etc.)
- Experience in developing end-to-end tests for complex solutions in large-scale enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions among software development engineers
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze feature requirements, design feature strategies, and selectively automate that test strategy to optimize test coverage, minimize likelihood of uncaught defects, while maintaining an accelerated feature velocity.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum QA environment
- Experience in penetration and vulnerability assessment and tests
- Experience working on Enterprise Product Development teams
- Familiarity with the Cybersecurity industry, and threat intelligence
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science, equivalent work experience can be substituted for a degree.