LOOKINGGLASS CYBER SOLUTIONS has an immediate need for a Principal level Engineer who is driven and end results focused. This position will be working as part of a small team on architecture, prototyping and integrating DevOps into a suite of threat intelligence products. We will also consider remote work for non-local candidates.
You are someone who has insight, passion and intellect to tackle difficult technical challenges in innovative ways. You like working closely with product management, sales and engineering teams to help drive future product strategy and product implementation. You are capable and willing to establish LookingGlass’s technical thought-leadership in the marketplace.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Able to define requirements where no requirements are well defined;
- Able to architect complete system;
- Able to solve significant complex problems and deliver solution that is optimal to the problem in terms of performance, scale and feature set;
- Able to define project schedule, major milestones and manage self and team of developers;
- Able to manage and coordinate across QA, Dev, Pubs, Sales and Engineering;
- Well versed in current and new technologies including emerging technologies across a broad area;
- Is self-driven and requires very little guidance on weekly/daily tasks, checks in with manager or lead maybe once every two weeks;
- Defines patents and innovation at company level;
- May participate in standards and external organizations associated with LG technology.
- 10-15 years’ experience in software & systems architecture/lead positions;
- Strong intercommunication skills both verbal and written;
- Experience in many of the following: Puppet, AWS, Terraform, Python, Elasticsearch, Linux System Knowledge (Ubuntu), and Jenkins.
- Experience in network security, cloud security and threat intelligence systems highly desired;
- Ruby, GoLang, PHP;
- RabbitMQ, Kafka, Postgres, Nginx/Apache;
- Experience with Large Scale Performance Architecture/Testing, DevOps-Thinking, and Agile/Scrum;
- Knowledge and experience in building distributed networks systems;
- Willingness to be involved with technical white papers, blogs, external media presentations;
- Experience with architecture and process flow diagrams.
Education / Training Requirements:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in approved technical disciplines such as software development, computer science, electrical engineering or similar.