Quality Assurance Specialist (2)
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you want to be part of a growing grocery chain? Do you have experience in quality assurance?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Produce Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist
This position achieves the Genuine Merchant Strategy by the efficient and effective performing quality inspections ensuring that all inbound and outbound Produce products meet Longos quality standards at the distribution level as well as key holder responsibilities. This role works with various areas (Produce purchasing team, vendors, supply chain, distribution and operations) to aid in the integration and adherence of policies and processes with respect to Quality thereby ensuring compliance to all statutory and company requirements.
Reporting to Produce Manager, the Produce QA Specialist is responsible for verifying all inbound Produce products consistently meets company’s specifications for quality (size, weight, trim, colour etc.) by measurement of key metrics and adherence to sampling and testing programs. Responsibility is governed by company objectives and policies. Produce manager and IC manager will provide guidance on special issues.
What you’ll do:
- Support Produce manager and IC manager on establishing the Quality Assurance Program for Longos Produce department
- Responsible for ensuring adherence and compliance with established Quality Assurance Programs and policies thereby ensuring that all produce products meet the highest standards of quality and food safety.
- Complete daily/ongoing QA auditing of product (International inbound shipments, national inbound shipments, inventory slot checks, inter branch and distribution checks)
- Investigate and document all quality inspection findings with appropriate forms and systems (rejection reports, slot checks, QA reports etc.) on a daily/ongoing basis.
- Responsible for downloading and recording all TMD (Temperature Monitor Device) readings, working with other business units if any issue arises.
- Continuous communication with Produce manager, IC manager, Produce Category managers, Supply Chain and DC Operations.
- Respond to internal customers or stores questions and complaints regarding all quality related matters in Produce department.
- Respond to vendors’ questions regarding all quality related matters in Produce department.
- Responsible for working with Food Safety team in all Produce product recalls.
- Responsible for all Health and Safety related responsibilities, assist Food Safety department and Health & Safety department in Produce incident investigations.
- Work with Produce receiving team and support daily receiving functions based on the needs of business.
- Contribute as a key member of the Quality team to strategic decisions and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support Produce billing functions in any types of billing adjustment and cost adjustment due to the quality of produce products.
- Responsible for daily and weekly Produce QA KPI reports.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary education from an accredited university or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in Quality Control and Six Sigma approach.
- 3 - 5 years product QA experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred CPMA (Canadian Produce Marketing Association) certifications in Produce basis, Quality Assurance and Supply Chain
- Good understanding of Produce department product knowledge
- Experience in planning/chairing meetings and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Employment Standards, WHIMIS, Food Safety and Loss Prevention practices
- Knowledge of temperature control, merchandising and cross-merchandising techniques etc.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong business acumen, with good judgement and an ability to focus on continuous improvement
- Work is performed in a standard warehouse environment with various temperature zones
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs
Why join our team?
- Competitive wages and flexible benefits
- It is a place to grow and purse excellence
- We care and treat you like family
- A culture of teamwork and collaboration
- We celebrates and rewards our Team Members
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6