Grocery Gateway Team Lead - Part Time Weekend Only
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you have outstanding customer service skills? Are you passionate about the food industry?
If so, come join our growing team!
Position: Driver Team Lead
What you’ll do;
• Motivate and develop Drivers through regular feedback, and escalates any issues or concerns regarding GG Driver performance to Delivery Operations Supervisor
• Ensure that Drivers understand and comply with company standards, policies and procedures
• Conduct five-minute huddles, as requested, to communicate relevant information regarding new, changing, or updated policies and standards.
• Liaise with Delivery Operations Coordinator regarding any logistic/scheduling matters involving drivers, fleet, and deliveries.
• First point of contact for Drivers regarding support required on the job. (e.g. customer relations, route schedule). Responsible for escalating matters to appropriate parties within an appropriate time frame.
• Conduct accurate and on-time reporting (e.g. accident or vehicle damage reporting) for all GG Drivers on assigned shift.
• Maintain an organized and clean dock and loading area
• Provide superior customer service, setting an example to remaining Drivers.
• Respond to customer requests and inquiries, or passes the customer along to the appropriate party.
• Conduct follow-up to ensure any issue/problem resolution if required.
• Act as a subject matter expert with regard to company and product knowledge.
• Supports in implementing and new Grocery Gateway initiatives related to driver function and fleet.
• Identify potential areas of operational improvement in DPS and Logistics function and making recommendations.
• Demonstrate positive customer service relations with a variety of internal customers such as: ASMs, ADMs, receivers, shoppers, and clerks.
What we are looking for;
• General Education Diploma or equivalent.
• At least 1 year of experience in a warehouse environment preferred.
• “G” level driver’s license, with a clean driving record, are a must have.
• Knowledge of maintenance and care of equipment, materials, supplies (e.g. delivery trucks)
• Familiarity with the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding areas are an asset.
• Solid understanding of “stops per on road hour” and on-time delivery concepts.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Proficient analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to motivate, coach, and act as a role model for peers.
• Proficient in written and oral communication.
• Must have open availability and be available to be on-call at various hours of the day. Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend work may be required based on business needs.
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6