Continuous Improvement Analyst
Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Are you passionate about providing actionable Continuous Improvement insights?
Do you have experience as a Continuous Improvement professional?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Continuous Improvement Analyst
This position will play a key role in the Longo’s Continuous Improvement Department driving sales, productivity, cost management, and profitability, while addressing operational needs and delivering on the promise to exceed customer expectations. This is undertaken through the optimal utilization of tools and applications to ensure effective decision making and business function.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Process Change Specialists with in-house and consultant-lead process improvement initiatives spanning multiple business units.
- Leverage technical skills to assess, prioritize, optimize, and determine the impacts and benefits of numerous potential ideas and implementations.
- Apply an improvement-focused mindset to determine and find any opportunities for streamlining business and operational processes.
- Provide second-opinions and engage in discussions regarding opportunities and callouts.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings and committees to report results and determine customer value impacts.
- Provide support for but not limited to ERP functionality, Roadnet Transportation Suite, Scale Management Software, Human Capital Management (HCM), SMS, CAO, Ordering, Shrink Management, and Auditing Software to support the business understand of our customers’ needs and wants providing the focus needed to increase revenue and profitability.
- Liaise between IT and Stores/DPS for supporting in-store applications and hardware.
- Conduct and report CI Audit scores; identify and recommend opportunities to improve/sustain CI principles.
- Build trusting relationships with store/facility CI coaches; listen to their feedback and questions; support, motivate and influence coaches as needed.
- Support new store openings and renovations; ensure CI tools are located in such a way that minimizes distance and improves efficiency.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned to specific role, including one or more of the following:
- Analytics and coaching support for inventory management in the business units
- Responsible for benchmarking (CI Audits) business units against CI principles (5S, preferred methods and inventory management) and identify units requiring additional support and coaching
- Document new processes, test applications and develop proper reporting to support initiatives
- Develop business case recommendations for improving efficiency, effectiveness and service
- Support company’s strategic business plan by delivering on the Operations systems objectives.
- Promote and apply Safety Vision “Safety is our way of life”.
- Travel to multiple business units as needed.
What we are looking for:
- Post-Secondary graduate, Industrial/Process Engineering as asset but not required
- Working knowledge of MS Suite- particularly Excel
- Lean Six Sigma Certification an asset
- SQL and DB skills an asset, but not required
- Project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team building skills are necessary. Must be able to prioritize & collaborate
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Sound economic thinking skills with the ability to make informed and logical decisions
- Strong computer and technical trouble shooting skills
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6