Distribution Centre Shipper - Full Time Afternoon Shift
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about the food industry? Do you have experience working in a fast paced Distribution Centre?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Distribution Centre Shipper - Full Time
Shift Time: Full Time- 5 days a week afternoon shift 3pm-12am Sundays required.
What you’ll do:
• Load outbound trailers via the utilization of power equipment (end rider)
• Complete all shipping related documentation consistently and accurately
• Take proactive steps to minimize shipping errors and ensure damage free outbound shipments
• Support process improvement by identifying opportunities to enhance processes
• Collaborate with building peers to ensure daily productivity targets are met
• Cleaning of trailers
• Support other functions within the DC as required
• Work in a variety of temperature controlled departments ranging from 4 degrees to 14 degrees Celsius
What we are looking for:
• High School Diploma
• Computer skills
• Certified Forklift and Walkie Operator
• 1-2 years of shipping experience
• Experience with a power jack and power stacker an asset
• Team Members who work safely
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities with regular deadlines
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including - evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs require
• Must have own transportation – public transportation is NOT available to the work location during working hours
Why join our team?
• Competitive wages and flexible benefits
• It is a place to grow and purse excellence
• We care and treat you like family
• A culture of teamwork and collaboration
• We celebrates and rewards our Team Members
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6