Produce Assistant Department Manager - Full Time
Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada's 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
If so, come join our growing team!
Position: Produce Assistant Department Manager - Full Time
This is your opportunity to advance your career in a leadership role. As the Assistant Produce Department Manager, you will assist the Produce Manager to ensure that the department is prepared for daily operations.
What you'll do:
- Motivate and mentor Team Members
- Support with regular team meetings
- Coach and train Team Members to maintain the highest level of productivity
- Handle Team Member and customer issues
- Uphold company policies and procedures including health & safety, food safety and loss prevention
- Merchandise, manage inventory and schedule to meet financial objectives
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Team Members, Customers and Vendors
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a produce department with a solid understanding of product knowledge
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build relationships with Team Members and Customers
- Ability to lead, coach, motivate and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ownership to resolve issues with a sense of urgency
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Strong creativity skills and ability to create eye catching displays
- Ability to role model and inspire behaviour consistent with our values
- Work is performed in a store retail environment
- Must be available to work days, evenings and weekends
- Travel is required to support off-site events
Why join our team?
- Competitive wages and flexible benefits
- Opportunity to advance your career
- A team that cares and treats you like family
- Culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Celebrates and rewards our Team Members
Longo's is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6