Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Do you have experience organizing and managing large crowds?
Are you available to work immediately?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Security Clerk – Full Time, TEMPORARY (1-3 MONTHS), Fairview Longo's (Burlington)
The Security Clerk will be responsible for managing crowds at our store locations by using a professional, customer centric approach to maintain safety for all guests and team members.
What you’ll do:
• Create and manage line-ups outside our stores and at check-outs inside to uphold appropriate social distancing practices for guests and team members
• Monitor and authorize one-in/one-out entrance and departure of guests, and other persons into our stores based on a predetermined occupancy limit
What we are looking for:
• Availability to work immediately on a temporary basis, with possibility of future dates
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
• Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
• Work is performed in a store retail environment and will require you to work outdoors (rain or shine), amoung crowds
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holiday’s
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6