Maintenance Technician - Part- Time
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 31 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about the food industry?
Do you have experience working in a food manufacturing facility?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
If so, come join our growing team!
Position: Maintenance Technician - Part- Time
Availability: 7AM-7PM (Shift will be determined based on business needs)
Day(s): Monday – Friday & Sundays
What you’ll do:
• Diagnose and repair malfunction in various types of production equipment and refrigeration systems
• Install new production equipment and systems when required
• Relocate and expand existing production systems as required
• Repair, replace, or calibrate controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring
• Wire and connect motors, temperature controls and humidity controls according to wiring schematics
• Perform all preventative maintenance on all production equipment
What we are looking for:
• 3-5 years’ experience in the technical/equipment aspect related to manufacturing or food processing environment
• High school diploma with completion of an industrial maintenance vocational or technical school program required
• Specialized skills such as electrical, mechanical and welding etc. is highly recommended
• Good computer skills, including MS Office
• Strong technical problems-solving skills
• Knowledge of WHIMIS, Food Safety and Health & Safety practices
• Knowledge of temperature control
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including - evenings, weekends and holidays as business needs require
• Ability to work in a cold environment
Why join our team?
• Competitive wages and flexible benefits
• It is a place to grow and purse excellence
• We care and treat you like family
• A culture of teamwork and collaboration
• We celebrates and rewards our Team Members
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6