Scrum Master- Full Time
Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Position: Scrum Master
The Scrum Master position is a great opportunity to contribute a critical project at Longos by providing analytical evaluation. We are currently looking for a highly motivated Scrum Master with strong capabilities serving as coach, mentor and mediator of the challenges that arise from development teams and product owners. Working as part of a team to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely manner and optional performance is achieved.
What you will do:
• Assess the Scrum Maturity of the teams and organization to coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a sustainable and comfortable pace
• Establish an environment of trust where concerns and issues can be raised and addressed without the fear of blame and/or retribution
• Guide the team to ensure the best use of Scrum practices and values
• Ownership of the Scrum framework and ensuring that it is adhered to
• Facilitate the execution of all scrum ceremonies
• Assist the Product Owner with backlog maintenance and grooming
• Facilitate technical and non-technical discussions, decision making and conflict resolution activities.
• Provide support to the team by leading by example and using a servant leadership style
• Remove impediments in a timely manner and detect hidden problems
• Build, monitor and communicate agile metrics through the use of task boards, charts and tools
• Encouraging self-organization and empowerment of the team
• Encourage continuous improvement to increase the productivity and efficiency of the team and quality of deliverables.
• Support team building and development by utilizing the abilities and skills of individuals
• Foster a culture of collaboration
• Encourage upskilling to build stronger T shaped teams
• Assist the Program Manager in planning, change management and risk/issue management activities
• Facilitate strategic sessions with Scrum team and key stakeholders
• Support in the development of our digital roadmap
• Lead the team to execute on the digital roadmap
What we are looking for:
• To be successful in this role, you must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience in a Scrum Master role in the last 4 years. Experience must include guiding development teams and product owners that have developed native (iOS and Android) and non-native mobile apps
• Strong working knowledge of Agile/Lean practices: Scrum & Kanban
• Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I or II or III)
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Software Engineering or higher
• Knowledge of Scrumban, XP, Lean, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Knowledge and experience using tools like Rally, Jira, VersionOne ALM, HP Agile Manager.
• Applicable experience in technologies: .Net, Java, Ruby on Rails, Cross platform development technologies for iOS and Android
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful techniques: Retrospectives, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, Agile/Innovation Games
• Experience working with other Scrum Masters via a Scrum of Scrums to increase the effectiveness of scrum across the organization
• Travel to Longo’s retail stores and data centres on a regular basis is required
• Availability to work outside of business hours including evening and weekends
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6