Project Coordinator- Part Time 12 Month Contract
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 35 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 65 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you a strong communicator? Do you have a passion for numbers and budgets? Do you have a passion for retail?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Project Coordinator, Retail Store Construction
The Project Coordinator works closely with the business and the construction team to drive store renovation and new build projects. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with leaders with senior leadership in all Business areas.
What you’ll do:
- Create and track all project related POs and track those through to invoicing to ensure we are staying on budget
- Create project charters and ensure there is a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities, benefits, and budget
- Support with creating and managing the project timelines and action items for various construction projects
- Maintain project documents, including project logs, issues, action items, risks & review with stakeholders
- Monitor deliverables and follow up with the business and construction teams to ensure all work is being completed per the timelines
- Support with facilitating project status meetings and driving communication on progress, late & upcoming tasks
- Share regular status reports via email to the project team, sponsor and stakeholders, identifying and managing project risks and issues.
- Responsible for entering project related Purchase Orders, tracking project budget
- Track changes to the project scope and support the project sponsor with the review & approval
What we are looking for:
- Very strong communication and coordination skills to support cross-functional stakeholders
- Highly organized, self-motivated, energetic, with a strong work ethic
- Detail oriented and proficient with managing budgets
- Proficient in full Microsoft Office Suite of tools including Microsoft Excel, knowledge of MS Project is bonus
- Customer-focused and results oriented; ability to work with others in ways that fosters openness to new ideas, collaboration, respect, integrity and inclusion
- Aptitude to quickly understand and integrate themselves on projects that have already started.
- Innovative, results-oriented leader and strong decision maker who can prioritize their work as needed to meet tight timelines
- 1-2 years of experience as a Project Coordinator, preferred
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in business management or finance
- Fast paced project environment working under tight deadlines.
- Work is performed in an office environment with regular involvement in and participation in meetings.
- Primary location is Longo’s Support Centre. Some travel to other Longo’s locations within the GTA will be required.
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6