Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Do you have superior knowledge of Ontario Employment & Labour Laws?
Have you provided in-house legal counsel?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures.
Why not join us?
Position: In-House Legal Counsel- Permanent
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Director, Senior Legal Counsel, in the role of In-House Legal Counsel, you are responsible for providing legal advice and support to all aspects of the business. You will be a trusted advisor that provides advice on a wide range of legal issues including areas relating to employment and labour law, privacy matters, regulatory compliance, and the overall effective governance of the organization. You will help proactively identify, manage and mitigate organizational risks and will be responsible for the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of a variety of commercial agreements including those relating to the supply of products, the provision of consulting services and employment agreements, as well as commercial leases.
What we are looking for:
- A J.D. and/ or LL.B. degree from an accredited Canadian Law School
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- 3+ years’ post-call experience gained from a leading law firm or in-house with a large organization
- Superior knowledge of employment and labour law is required, as well as experience with commercial leasing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to be a strategic business partner to internal and external stakeholders
- Strong service-oriented mindset that ensures delivery of efficient, effective, and quality legal advice with minimal supervision
- Exceptional negotiating and drafting skills
- An ability to deliver sound and decisive advice in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
Work will be performed remotely as well as on-site in our Support Centre following physical distancing and precautionary measures in place.
Availability to work outside of business hours including evening and weekends based on business needs.
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6