Dock Loader- (Grocery Gateway) Full Time Day Shift
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 31 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Are you passionate about providing excellent customer service?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
If so, come join our growing team!
Position: Grocery Gateway Dock Loader (Day Shift / Multiple Vacancies/ Full Time Weekends)
What you’ll do:
• Lift totes of various grocery items on and off a conveyor system and stacking these totes on sets of wheelies and/or racks
• Loading and unloading Grocery Gateway vehicles
• Shuttling of trucks on and off the dock may be required
• End of day general cleaning duties in order to maintain cleanliness of dock area
• Technical ability to learn simple in-house software
• Other duties as required
What we are looking for:
• Availability to work weekends – with the flexibility to work occasional Mondays & Fridays
o Saturday & Sunday: Days: 5am-2pm
• Ability to lift up to 30 - 50 lbs.
• Team Members who work safely
• Passion to work in the food industry
• Ability to work in a team environment with strong problem solving and communication skills.
• Must have own transportation to get to starting worksite – public transportation is NOT available to the work location during working hours
• Ability to work in high-paced, time-constraint environment
• Valid and clean ‘G’ license or higher, proven through clean Drivers Abstract – considered an asset
Why join our team?
• Competitive wages and flexible benefits
• It is a place to grow and purse excellence
• We care and treat you like family
• A culture of teamwork and collaboration
• We celebrates and rewards our Team Members
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6