Human Resource Business Partner (HR Generalist) – Store Operations - 18 Month Contract
Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Are you passionate about providing actionable HR insights to drive decision making?
Do you have experience as an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Human Resource Business Partner (HR Generalist) – Store Operations (Locations within: Vaughan, Brampton & Downtown Toronto)
The Human Resource Business Partner (HR Generalist) position supports the business by providing HR expertise in the areas of Talent Management, Engagement and Team Member Relations. This role provides guidance and coaching to Store Managers as well as team members in all team member relations matters and represents the company externally in conjunction with legal counsel on employment matters. This role provides guidance and support to Store Operations to ensure that the Company is in compliance with all legislative requirements including employment standards, human rights, health and safety, accessibility standards as well as business practices and standards. This role is responsible for the successful implementation of all People initiatives company-wide including new store openings and building operational bench strength.
What you’ll do:
• Maintains an active field presence at assigned locations to proactively support and coach store management and team members on HR related issues.
• Works in conjunction with the Store Operations and HRBP teams to build operational bench strength by identifying high potentials for promotions, transfers and career development opportunities.
• Ensures the implementation of effective recruitment strategies to support the hiring and staffing needs of stores and coaches store management teams in recruitment best practices and effective recruiting techniques.
• Responsible for the project management for the recruitment and selection of the team for new stores.
• Provides coaching and guidance on performance management, team member relations issues and policy interpretations
• Conducts Human Rights Investigations in accordance with Longos Harassment & Workplace Violence Policy Guidelines.
• Prepares all necessary documentation and represents the Company externally in conjunction with legal counsel on all third-party cases such as MOL, mediations and Human Rights cases.
• Develop external partnerships with local community associations and educational institutions and promote Longo’s as an employer of choice.
• Coordinates and facilitates results and action plans of Engagement survey in cooperation with Operations.
• Supports all HR and operational programs and people initiatives to ensure successful implementation including: Training and education sessions, Compensation program, Flex Benefits education, Policy and Procedure roll outs, Health & Safety, New Legislation
What we are looking for:
• 3 to 5 years Human Resources experience with a focus on Talent Management, Employee Relations, Learning and Development, Project management, ideally having worked in a multi-unit retail environment
• University and/or College education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources
• CHRL or in pursuit of the designation
• Knowledge of employment laws, employee relations practices and HR disciplines
• Strong coaching, facilitation skills, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Professional in maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Strong computer skills-Microsoft Office products and HRIS system experience
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6