Distribution Centre- General Labour
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 35 stores along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
If so, come join our growing team!
Position: General Labour
Hours of Work: Day Shift: 6am-3pm, Afternoon Shift: 3pm-12am, Night Shift: 10pm-7am
*Availability to work 5 days per week including weekends*
Why Join our team?
• Competitive wages
• Great Benefits
• Team Member Discounts
• Free onsite parking
• Spacious cafeteria equipped with large refrigerators, microwaves and vending machines
• Market Café open from 8AM – 3PM? serving breakfast, lunch and Dinner night done right one Wednesdays
• A Culture of teamwork and collaboration
What you’ll do:
• Receive work assignments daily from the Operations supervisor regarding the outstanding tasks and communicate back to the supervisor once the tasks are completed
• Separate and breakup cases from a master pallet to the individual pallets for the internal customers
• Use an RF selecting gun with voice picking headset to carry out the tasks
• Understand and read out the check digit to confirm the pallet position and case qty
• Label and wrap the pallets
• Use pump truck to move pallets and stage pallets to the proper locations in shipping
• Check pallets for accuracy and report the discrepancy to supervisor
• Ensure that all daily housekeeping duties are completed at the end of the shift
• Carry out other duties and tasks as per supervisors
• Work in a variety of temperature-controlled departments ranging from 4 degrees to 16 degrees Celsius
What we are looking for:
• Previous warehouse training or experience is preferred but not required
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions and procedure manuals
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Understand company standard operating procedures and H&S policies, ensure 100% compliance
• Must have own transportation – public transportation is NOT available to the work location during working hours
• Availability to work various shifts - Evenings and weekends
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6