Meat Room Clerk- Full Time
Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates 37 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 60 years of business and is continuing to grow.
Longo’s has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures.
Position: Meat Room Clerk
Reports to: Department Manager, CK
Status: Full Time
Hours of Work: Day shift with various start times between 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Days of Work: 4 days-5 days Monday through Friday + Sundays
Work Location: 8800 Huntington Rd, Vaughan, ON L4H 3M6
The incumbent is responsible for providing Genuine Merchant customer service through the preparation and production of products prepared in the Central Kitchen. This position will perform day-to-day activities, following instructions from their Supervisor and adhering to company policies and guidelines.
- Measure, scale, document traceability information and inspection products received are of great quality
- Portion ingredients as needed to meet our guests/stores needs
- Keeping all areas clean at all times
- Adhering to company’s uniform which includes steel toe safety shoes, clean uniform, hairnet, beard net, if required and following all GMPs
- Quick honest response to questions and requests
- Always producing food that you are proud to serve to your familyFood and Product Knowledge:
Willingness to gain knowledge of food preparation (this role requires individuals work with various meat products, Pork, Chicken, Beef, Lamb) inclusive of marinating, cutting and preparation of veg and dairy items
Department Policies and Standard Operating Procedures:
• Responsible for product presentation, and FIFO..
• Responsible for ensuring the quality and freshness of products at all times by best before dates and lot number information
• Assisting in the preparation and packing of all food products produced by the Central Kitchen.
• Safely operating machinery and equipment as required for the above activity.
• Carrying out a variety of kitchen duties as directed.
• Assisting with the achievement of production targets.
• Minimizing production costs.
• Minimizing wastage.
Health and Safety:
• Follow food safety standards
• Follow health and workplace safety standards
• Clean equipment, counter and sanitize work area
Job Knowledge, Skills & Credentials:
• High School Diploma
• Good verbal communication skills
• Strong initiative, excellent work ethic, time management skills and sense of urgency
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Reliable and organized
• Team Player who shares mutual respect with all team members
• Able to lift up to 50lbs
• Able to perform work in a cold environment <4⁰C
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6