Longo’s is committed to maintaining an environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 30 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating over 60 years of business
and is continuing to grow.
Are you currently pursuing a career in IT Support?
Do you have outstanding customer service skills?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
Why not join us?
Position: Technical Support
We are looking for a customer focused Technical Support with a desire to support members of the business, and with a keen interest in Information Technology. The Technical Support position will provide hands-on 1st and 2nd-level Service Desk support to business partners company-wide (Stores, Support Centre, Grocery Gateway Fulfillment Centre, Distribution Centre, Central Kitchen) as well as assist with projects. You will be the first point of contact for all IT support matters.
What you’ll do:
• Provide 1st and 2nd level IT support for all users in a friendly and professional manner via telephone, email and/or in person.
• Document all incoming calls in the incident management tool provided (ServiceNow) and follow through with all customer support/request issues.
• Responsible for I.T hardware and software deployments, modifications and upgrades.
• Provide IT related On-Boarding/Off-Boarding tasks for new and departing team members.
• Support standard desktop application as well as industry specific applications
• Anticipate potential problems and ensure that they are fixed before they become larger issues
• Provide end user documentation and maintain support knowledge base regarding solutions provided.
• Assist with projects as assigned
• Occasional travel to stores and Fulfillment Centre locations as required (License and vehicle required)
• Ensure IT assets are cataloged and accounted for.
• Take service desk calls and participating in after-hours and on call support on a rotational schedule.
What we are looking for;
• Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in computer science or related discipline
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a Technical Support and Service Desk environment
• The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels in a friendly and professional manner
• Basic understanding of the ITIL framework
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Positive, flexible attitude and a willingness to learn
• The ability to adapt quickly to new situations including hours of work as well as new and changing processes, programs and services
• Knowledge of the Desktop operating systems 90% Microsoft, 10% Mac OS
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including MS Teams and OneDrive
• Experience with computer hardware and software troubleshooting, documentation, ticket management.
• Basic Knowledge of Azure Cloud and Active Directory
• Familiarity with common IT peripherals i.e. Printers, Mobile Phones, Tablets
• Knowledge of networks and network protocols such as SMTP, IMAP, POP3, DNS, DHCP, in support of resolving issues with device end-points.
Experience with or an understanding of the following is desirable:
o MS SharePoint
o Mobile device management (SOTI MobiControl)
o Cisco AMP
o Wireless Technology
o RF Gun technology
o Some lifting will be required (monitors, desktop computers, etc.)
o Valid G Drivers License
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6