Selector (DC) - Full Time
Longo’s is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where team members have a place to grow and pursue excellence, have the latitude to take ownership of their careers and the support and encouragement necessary to be the best they can throughout their career. We are a Canadian, family operated food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates over 36 stores within the GTA along with Grocery Gateway; our online grocery delivery service, is celebrating 65 years of business and is continuing to grow!
Are you passionate about the food industry? Do you have your Pallet Truck Certification or Experience?
Would you love to pursue a career with a company that is recognized as a 50 Best Managed Company and is one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures?
If so, come join our growing team!
Position: Order Selector/Picker (Distribution Centre) (Afternoon Shifts / Multiple Vacancies / Full Time)
Starting Wage: $18.75/hour
Wage incentives and premiums offered based on shift and role!
Hours of Work: Afternoon Shift 3PM-12AM
*Availability to work 5 days per week including weekends*
Why join our team?
- Competitive wages
- Great Benefits
- Team Member Discounts
- Free onsite parking
- Spacious cafeteria equipped with large refrigerators, microwaves and vending machines
- Market Café open from 8AM – 3PMà serving breakfast, lunch and Dinner night done right one Wednesdays
- A Culture of teamwork and collaboration
What you’ll do;
- Use slot optimization and material handling equipment to select a variety of products for our number one customer – Longo’s Retail Stores!
- Play a key role in the accuracy, quality and freshness of products selected, shipped and delivered to our stores
- Work in a variety of temperature controlled departments ranging from 4 degrees to 14 degrees Celsius
What we are looking for;
- Experience using a pallet truck/ walkie
- Availability to work various shifts - Evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 30 - 50 lbs.
- Must have own transportation – public transportation is NOT available to the work location during working hours
- Team Members who work safely
Longo’s is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Note: A qualified job applicant with a disability is one who possesses the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for.
If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Coordinator at:
Email: [email protected]
Mail: 8800 Huntington Road, Vaughan, ON, L4H 3M6