Senior Software Engineer - Architect
The Astro Gaming Console Gaming Team is growing! We are looking for a top-class senior software engineer/architect, motivated to architect and assist with development of our next generation of Windows, Mac and Mobile Software and Applications. You will also participate in software launch activities.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, detail-oriented and passionate about building great software products.
The successful candidate should be an expert in the latest software languages, frameworks, build management systems, source control systems, Agile development and defect tracking systems. You should also have excellent knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android. You should also be comfortable to work with marketing and product management in developing an integrated architecture to meet cross platform plus mobile software architecture to deliver exceptional product control and interface experiences seamlessly across PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices and platforms.
- You will architect and develop Astro Gaming next generation and ongoing cross platform and mobile software/app solutions. You will be required to develop, review, refine and present the required strategy and tactics for the required solutions. You will be required to lead in-depth evaluation and selection of various technologies affecting the development of the various software projects that will be required to achieve the objectives.
- You will be expected to clearly detail, review, document and present proposed architectures, strategic directions or other proposed work products. You will be expected to be comfortable to expertly present concepts to both peers and senior management. As required, you should be able to present and explain complex subjects in simpler terms to gain broad understanding and buy in.
- You will review, detail and propose new and innovative ideas to improve our current software suite as required before the next generation software is deployed.
- You will be required to work with Logitech security standards and good security safe coding practices to assure our exposure to security breaches and other potential security problems can be averted and/or minimized.
- You will be viewed as a technical leader and should put that into practice. You will be required to participate in code reviews and provide feedback on other’s work. As required, you may be asked to lead code reviews, set code review standards or participated in cross company forums improving coding and review practices.
- You will be expected to follow excellent development and documentation practices for code produced and to promote such practices within the team. As required, you will be expected to put on workshops or tutorials on new tools, good practices etc.
- You will be expected to be a role model and mentor to younger engineers promoting latest technologies and processes as well as good code development practices.
Required Skill Set
- 10+ years of strong software design & development experience in C/C++
- Relevant work experience, including hands-on software development experience for PC/Device hardware. Relevant, demonstrable experience with MacOS, iOS and Android a plus.
- Fluent in both Windows and Mac platforms with iOS and Android a strong plus
- Familiarity with game engines is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Presentation and Public Speaking skills a strong plus
- Outgoing personality
- Passion for Console, PC and Mobile gaming
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep track of multiple complex issues and tasks simultaneously
- BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.