Mechanical Engineer - Blue Microphones
Blue Microphones is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with a track record of designing and successfully launching consumer electronics products into production. The position requires expertise in mechanical design engineering, taking products from early concept stages, through a phase-gate development process, to mass production and follow-up support.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Design, analysis, documentation and testing of complex mechanical parts and assemblies. Analyze critical areas of design with the use of appropriate analysis tools.
• Play a key role in ensuring the final design meets quality and cost goals, and achieves specifications of reliability, manufacturability, and functionality.
• Partner with Manufacturing teams/Suppliers to ensure our designs are optimized for mass production.
• Resolve ME issues/challenges.
• Partner and collaborate with other worldwide functions to achieve seamless product development.
• Launch the development and qualification of plastic tooling, including design debug.
Qualified candidates will have a BSME and 3+ years of diverse experience in the development of consumer/pro audio products, consumer electronics, or other electro-mechanical products that range between low and high volume manufacturing. Candidate must have strong skills and experience using SolidWorks/ProE 3D modeling and drafting packages, with excellent document control practices. Candidates must be experienced in designing parts for injection molding, die-casting, machining, and stamping, which go through various finishing processes, including painting or plating. Candidates should have experience working with overseas vendors.
This role will lead/own the mechanical development in one of our programs and will be independently driving the mechanics side of the program, developing new parts and delivering on build timelines.
Candidate will be expected to have critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently or in a team environment and be Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment. Must be adaptable and comfortable with a fast-paced working environment, and must be able to effectively communicate across all relevant departments (e.g. International Team, Electrical Engineers, Audio Consultants, Product Managers, Program Managers, Supply Chain, etc.)
Candidate will be a contributor on exciting new product development projects, as well as solving design and manufacturing challenges on existing product lines. Prior experience or familiarity with audio or consumer electronics products, and comfort in a small, entrepreneurial development team is a requirement. Candidate must be able to identify and resolve the critical issues of a project, must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills, Periodic international travel will be required.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
Mechanical Layout and Design:
• Supporting product ideation and conceptualization
• Interaction with Industrial Design function: ID model evaluation and feedback
• High-level product architecture and mechanical layout
• Detailed component design
• Selection of process, materials, and finishes to achieve ID, functionality, and durability
• SolidWorks/ProE – 3D modeling, assembly management, 2D drafting
• Creation of complete technical documentation for RFQ packages in a PLM system
Design Validation and Production Support:
• Knowledge of and experience using multiple rapid prototyping processes for verification
• Selection and development of key prototyping vendors
• Supplier communication, selection, and design reviews
• Knowledge of tool design is required to provide valuable DFM feedback
• Review and approval of DFM reports
• Resolution of tooling/process/production issues
• Creating or revising SOP documents for assembly and testing
• Work directly with international vendors and manufacturers
• Good understanding in risk management.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Communication skills in both Chinese and English
• Experience in microphone, computer, camera, cell phone and related consumer electronic products.
• Experience in injection molded plastic industry.
• Bachelor or master degree in Mechanical Engineering Area
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”