Mechanical Engineering Technical Manager
As a Mechanical Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the mechanical design and the integration of elements of products up to the production maturity.
You will be integrated into a multidisciplinary team (Electronics design, Optical, Audio, Embedded Software) and will have to consider Design For Manufacturing constraints and requirements of your peers.
You will have the opportunity to express your passion for innovation. You will be subsequently proud to see the products you have been working on distributed in most consumer goods retail channels.
You are passionate about new technologies and you have a strong interest in how technology can be integrated into consumer goods.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will:
- Lead the mechanical design of new user centric products.
- Work in close collaboration with Business, Design and other engineering teams.
- Manage and Lead design review with x-functional teams.
- Participate in the development of user-centered research and design.
- Strong knowledge and experience in rapid prototyping tools; functional product testing and data analysis using latest experimentation and quality techniques.
- Keen ability to optimize product design for cost, performance and quality.
- Work closely with key operations teams in the Far East including: Manufacturing, Key supply partners, NPI, • Supplier Quality Engineering, etc.
- Ability to work directly with Injection mold suppliers and review tooling and molding conditions. up with our molding supplier and assure the quality of deliverables.
- Provide support to our supplier and production line to bring the product manufacturing to a mature level.
- Validate your design.
- Implement engineering good practice such as DFM, parts specification, design review organization, Risk analysis tools (FMEA), tolerance analysis will be part of your daily activities
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 10 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering (ME) Product Development for high volume consumer products
- Strong Manufacturing Experience in key ME materials/processes including but not limited to Injection molding, CNC Machining, Stamping, Metal finishing processes, Plastics
- Detailed Knowledge of Plastics
- Strong Mechanical Design 3D CAD tools, ideally with CREO - ProEngineer
- Thorough design process including capturing design intent, design reviews, design simulation/analysis and problem-solving techniques
- Project Management
- Strong communication skills
- FEA - Ansys or equivalent
- Skills in designing for Optical and/or Acoustic Products would be a benefit.
- Fluent English skill for explaining ideas and result presentation
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Multicultural experience will be preferred.
- Experience in computer, camera, cell phone and related consumer electronic products.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Bachelor or master degree in Mechanical Engineering Area
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”