People & Culture Business Partner, Global Commercial Organizations
Are you a strategic and proactive human resources professional who is driven to make an impact, drive change and create winning organizations? If so, do you also yearn to do that in a hands-on, people-first environment that values flexibility and practical action instead of just churning out what’s usually expected from the HR rule book?
If you are, we are looking for an exceptional People & Culture Business Partner to join our Global Commercial Organization EMEA People and Culture team and be part of our company’s growth and support innovation. This role combines two major commercial organizations to give a unique focus into one of our highest growth enterprise commercial organization and a strong regional consumer sales commercial organization.
As the P&C Leader for the regional commercial organizations, your role will be to influence and advise business leaders across the region to optimize organization capability and help scale and grow the business.
You will be a hands-on, proactive and solution-oriented P&C Leader who thrives in a agile environment that requires flexibility, adaptability and a ‘can-do’ approach. You will be responsible for understanding the business needs and translating these business needs into a strategic people plan that enables and supports the execution of the regional objectives. You will play a vital role in driving Logitech culture and mindset throughout the region.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
Creating and maintaining relationships with business leaders, and their organizations, to challenge and drive forward people, cultural and organizational topics which support Logitech’s strategy.
This involves patience, influencing, disagreeing and pivoting on a daily basis but is rewarded by making an impact and working with the best groups of people you could ever wish for.
Creating and translating business strategies into effective and progressive programs and initiatives for your client groups which help them drive innovation, effectiveness and capability building.
This does involve anticipating the challenges in those plans and reflecting on all your HR theory and then likely throwing the classic formulas out of the window and doing something real.
Acting as change agent to drive cultural change and keep our values real across the company.
This bit is easy of course and feels great – sometimes! Logitech has almost 40 years of core values which have served us well but we need at least another 40 years of growth so there’s always something to do here.
Partner with People & Culture colleagues to drive our P&C organization forward in how we’re organized, how we work together across functions and what value we provide to the business.
This is the part where we have all the best intentions but then daily activities get in the way, so we need someone who will deliver both for the business and for P&C even when it’s challenging.
Focus areas will include:
- Providing strategic direction and solutions for workforce assessment and talent planning; leadership and employee capability strategies and programs; Leadership development, coaching and problem-solving; facilitating the development of desired culture in client group(s) and building sales capabilities e.g. defining sales development programs.
- There are of course some underlying processes such as performance management, compensation and employee relations that will probably pop up and we expect you to handle them efficiently and effectively, but we’d prefer that you use your expertise to get these across without taking too much of an HR process-driven approach.
- Being surprised now and again, rolling up your sleeves and implementing solutions to topics which we probably can’t predict in a job description but know that we will want you to help with.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviours to our team:
- Demonstrated understanding of general business and business strategy concepts mixed with an excitement about what Logitech is doing now and in the future.
- A track record of making a significant impact on client organizations by partnering effectively with leaders and employees to develop a small company culture that aligns with the business strategies and values.
- The kind of interpersonal and communication skills that instantly establish rapport, collaboration, trust, confidence and credibility with leaders and employees.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizational development and/or effectiveness along with competence in all the normal areas: performance management, compensation, talent acquisition and development, management coaching.
- Ability to contribute ideas and provide solutions to the design and implementation of HR strategies/programs/processes – and the staying power to see it through.
- Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or equivalent preferred, 8+ years of progressive HRBP experience in fast paced, high tech environment with responsibility for driving and implementing HR strategies and business solutions.
- EMEA Sales and Marketing HR experience with an experience on developing sales development programs preferred.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 510-713- 4866 for assistance.