Senior Color Material Finish Engineer
Engineering design, develop, specify and qualify Color, Material and Finish (CMF) components, modules, products, process and suppliers with project team and external partners, to meet project goal on cost, function, quality and schedule;
1. Working in a global x-functional team with designers, mechanical engineers, product managers, quality engineers, procurement team, operation team and our manufacturing partners and vendors to deliver inspiring sensorial experiences to our customers.
2. As owner of CMF designed parts, ensure stable product quality@ MP:
a. By means of CMF design reviews, sampling, pilot builds, qualification tests, user tests, second source sample submission etc.,
b. Partnering with marketing and designers on CMF design, translate ID/CMF design into engineering design and specification to achieve seamless product design and development,
c. Partnering with manufacturing teams to ensure robust CMF manufacturing processes, design for mass production and continuous improvement.
3. Manage / work with key component suppliers, manufacturing partners to deliver product CMF on time, cost, quality and quantity.
4. Able to manage technology projects. Manage own time and that of others; develops plans for work activities in own area over the medium/long-term; supports strategic planning activities.
5. Independently resolve complex CMF issues, challenges, and accomplish CMF objectives independently within a project team. Acts as a source of technical expertise to others in CMF technical area. Explains difficult concepts to a variety of audiences and ensures meaning is understood.
BS/BA degree in mechanical, chemical or material engineering and sciences.
Have your pulse on the latest color management, materials and finishes. 10+ years CMF experience, preferably in the consumer product industry with engineering design and volume manufacturing experiences. A proficient knowledge of various manufacturing processes is a benefit for the innovation of new processes and new materials.
Experiences in CMF processes: printing, painting, plating, anodizing, PVD, IMD, ED, blasting, polishing, brushing, hot stamping, debossing, tool 3D texturing, lasering etc decoration process. Experiences in material formulating, processing and assembly: composite, light weight structures, metal and alloys, plastic / rubber, fabrics, leather, microfiber, paint, coating, inks, adhesives, stamping, diecasting, injection molding, compression moulding...
5 years experience as project engineer, project management experience is a plus. Looks beyond the immediate problem and generates new and innovative solutions to complex problems
Mature problem-solving skills on complex technical issues
Good communication skills, team work and leadership in a global setup