Senior Project Manager
The Sr. Project manager is responsible for leading development efforts for new products from product front end stage till mass production and any refresh and sustaining projects. As the S&C project manager, you need to manage a matrix project team that spans functions of hardware and software engineering, ID design team, packaging, product marketing, and operation group.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, and detail-oriented project manager with a track record of delivering best-in-class products on time, and on budget, with communication skills to drive effective teamwork across several teams and functions both internal and external.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Have a hands-on approach to create a project plan including schedules, project budget, and product cost.
- Be the point of communication for the project's status to a broader audience beyond engineering, including executives, highlighting risks and corrective actions.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, quality, product marketing and design teams to successfully balance between the product experience, time to market and product cost.
- Work closely with the development leads to ensure all required features are delivered.
- Effectively lead weekly project review meetings to align teams across the project on activities.
- Engage with design engineering and manufacturers to manage the Bill of Material.
- Manage project builds globally including working with CM/ODM manufacturers.
- Identify and fully evaluate project risks, and put mitigation plans in place, and tracking progress up to the successful product launch in the market.
- Be the main point of contact to work with operations and manufacturing to ensure successful builds during product development.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 5+ years experience of developing highly integrated consumer electronics products, preferably with audio and video capabilities.
- Solid understanding of product development lifecycle, and familiarity with project management tools to set up project schedules and work breakdown structures.
- Able to lead a discussion on issues and make informed decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills verbally and writing in English.
- General knowledge on cross-functional areas affecting New Product such as engineering, BOM structure/ cost, compliance, go-to-market.
- General knowledge on key operation milestones, EVT, DVT, PVT.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- At least 3~5 years of project management experience in a high-tech environment with globally distributed cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Experience with building, executing, and reporting on projects using project management platforms.
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and strong logic thinking to resolve project issues.
- Experience on working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
- Ability to travel to Asia and the US.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum. 5+ years of relevant industry experience in consumer electronic products.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.