The Database Engineer will work as part of the enterprise DBOps team to manage and maintain the enterprise applications for Logitech business groups .
This position will be located in Chennai, India.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will :
Serve as primary system administrator for the maintenance and availability of Oracle EBS, Integration and enterprise BI/reporting tools
Support business and IT users in case of issues with the systems access, availability, performance
Execute the day-to-day configuration changes, troubleshoot issues and provide 24/7 support for our platforms
Perform Oracle E-business Suite application patching, cloning, upgrade and typical application management activities
Manage and maintain middleware applications like Oracle SOA,OSB and weblogic
Administer and support enterprise BI tools such as OBIEE, Hyperion, Tableau and Pentaho
Explore and learn new technologies and concepts to provide the right kind of solution
Provide technical guidance for systems and process optimization opportunities
Implement IT infrastructure best practices and improve our platforms
1. Must have 4-6 years of experience in
Experience in Managing Oracle Apps (R12.2) in production & development environment
Experience in Oracle database & RAC· administration
Experience in Oracle Middleware WLS ,OSB, or SOA Administration
Experience in Hyperion Administration
Experience in managing ETL tools like Pentaho
2. Must have knowledge in administration of Tableau , OBIEE and Denodo applications
3. Must have basic understanding of SNOWFLAKE administration activities
4. Must have 2 years of hands-on experience in CI/CD technologies and Dev-ops tools like Ansible
5. Solid experience in Shell and Python scripting
6. Ability to work in a fast-paced setting and prioritize among competing tasks and assignments
7. Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently without constant supervision and micromanagement
8. Must be able to work flexible hours to collaborate with Global IT and business team members
9. Excellent communication analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
1. Experience in migrating on prem applications to cloud
2. Experience in AWS technologies and services
3. Experience to new generation databases like Mysql, Mongodb & Postgres
BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.