GL Swiss and Operations Accounting Lead
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do.
These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced accounting manager to join the fast-paced, dynamic Controllership function of a highly successful Tech company in Cork.
The General Ledger accountant will work with a team supporting all key general ledger functions and close processes. This role will also have a specific responsibility in the preparation review & coordination of Swiss Local Statutory Accounts and world-wide (‘WW”) Royalties.
General responsibilities include:
- Lead in the coordination and review of the Swiss Local Statutory Accounts: this role will be working closely with our Swiss Audit partner to ensure all Accounting and Tax Deadlines are met
- Manage the WW Royalty accounting process from initial contract stage through to the review and approval of Royalty statements
- Review and approve General Ledger transactions for assigned entities’ balance sheet and income statement per the Controllership Fiscal Calendar
- Own month-end/quarter end close process including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and Corporate Schedules in accordance with US GAAP
- Collaborate effectively with FP&A, Corporate Controllership and other cross-functional teams to ensure completeness and accuracy in transactions and in the close process
- Support Local & US GAAP Audit: preparing client assistance listings, audit data requests and resolving queries
- Assist in the execution of specific internal controls within accounting processes and other general accounting activities
- Manage and develop a team of general ledger accountants, ensuring appropriate team member growth
- Serve as a key partner with the Global Finance Transformation team in participating in project work and user acceptance testing as required.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement through regular review of accounting processes to identify areas for improvement/ risk mitigation
- Perform ad hoc tasks/ assignments as required
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviours to our team:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5+years’ experience in financial accounting, financial analysis or related business experience.
- Accounting Qualification: CPA, ACCA, ICA, ACA or equivalent is a must
- Experience overseeing the preparation of Swiss entities financial statements and audits with local audit partners by managing accounting and tax deadlines.
- Ability to build strong partnerships and to influence internal and external business
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to present data appropriately to different levels within the business and externally.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with good analytical and problem- solving skills around accounting analytics and processes.
- Detail oriented: ability to manipulate data or process transactions accurately and completely.
- High proficiency in Excel skills (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables) etc.
- Oracle experience is a plus.
- Ability to be an innovative problem solver, anticipate risks and opportunities, and autonomously strive for continuous improvements is desired.
Small Company. Big Products.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 510-713- 4866 for assistance.