Component Engineer Lead
We are looking for an experienced Component Engineer to join our Global Component Engineering team. This department is responsible for the component selection, design recommendation, approval/qualification/testing, documentation, and management of all purchased components. Reporting to the Head of Component Engineering,
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Specification Ownership
• Category Management/Consolidation
• Accountable for Component Selection
• Documentation/Release Oversight
• Ownership of Test & Measurement Process
• Qualification Process Owner
• Test Report Review
• Support continuous cost improvement within Category Ownership
• Supplier Audits and 2nd source development
• Support New Supplier Development and Quality Issues
• SPCN Ownership
• Crisis Management
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• We require a BS of EE, ME, or equivalent degree
• 5-10 years of experience working in a Component or Mechanical Engineering environment.
• Component expertise will focus on electromechanical devices with a priority
• Extensive knowledge and experience in design, qualification, and manufacturing quality as it pertains to switches.
• Fundamental knowledge of how electromechanical components design can impact reliability, performance (force, noise, tactile feedback, etc.) and how to work with suppliers to maximize switch priorities based on product application.
• Motivated and proactive with the capability of working independently once targets are known.
• Ability to interrelate with various disciplines of product development, so good interpersonal skills are a must.
• Capability to ensure that components follow corporate goals, design criteria, and complete the qualification/ testing
• Willing to travel
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”