Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer. You will be part of a small team of engineers focused on ensuring that our video collaboration solutions provide an amazing experience by creating, enhancing, and enforcing Software Quality Assurance processes.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech.
In this role you will need to:
- Being able to extract and create Firmware/Software Test Plan by reviewing marketing document (PRD) and update it during the course of project. This test plan can be PC/MAC related or iOS/Android, etc.
- Being able to reproduce issues reported by the field, or as needed during product release and regression.
- Comfortable with setting up customer environments which includes many cables, and peripherals.
- Experience with automation and scripting (Python) on PC and MAC.
- Craving to use automation and design solutions to make testing and reproducing issues easier and not as time-consuming.
- Comfortable with LINUX and Android commands to debug and gather logs for embedded systems.
- Comfortable with gathering logs using USB analyzers and Wireshark.
- With limited supervision able to create test cases, enhance test cases, and execute them. Able to confirm test execution, and the ability to suggest additional supporting efforts.
- Being able to execute tests and able to distinguish between Hardware failures, Firmware failures, problems coming for the Host, or network environment.
- Able to set up test systems to support various audio/video applications, and to recommend areas of improvements and enhancements.
- Comfortable using JIRA and Zephyr for issue reporting and test case management. Comfortable creating dashboards, filters, and test cases.
- Familiar with using general mobile devices to interact with devices via Bluetooth, NFC, WiFi, and using mobile applications to interact with our devices.
- Comfortable interacting and working directly with Development, Program Management, to get the necessary support regarding key deliverables and interacting with them in an effort to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Not afraid to take chances and being able to justify why?
- Working directly with team members overseas.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
8 + years of experience in SWQA role and/or troubleshooting role
Python experience preferred or C/C++, Java and/or other scripting languages to support and create automation and unit tests with limited manual interaction.
Experience with CI Tools like Jenkins and Git.
Experience with Android Debugging Tools like adb.
Experience with Testcase Management Tools like Zephyr/TestRail.
Experience with Agile tools like JIRA/Confluence/Kanban.
Strong debug and trace skills data using USB analyzers, wire-shark, or similar tools.
Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
Proven ability to lead projects.
Background in system-level and User Experience testing.
Ability to develop test cases and methodologies and come out with innovative ideas for problem-solving.
Comfortable working with multi-functional teams and supporting development in debugging and reproducing issues.
Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams.
Passionate and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways.
Exposure to designing, running, implementing, and supporting stress and load testing against hardware devices and to UI and Cloud.
Good Verbal and Written communication skills.
Familiar with using USB devices like webcams and speakers on both PC and MAC.
Being able to travel to Taiwan, as needed.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 8+ years of experience in Hardware and Software testing OR Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 6+ years of experience in Hardware and Software testing or equivalent work or military experience.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 1-510-713- 4866 for assistance.