Senior Product Quality Assurance Engineer, Gaming Audio
Logitech G is looking for a world class Product Quality Assurance Engineer motivated to build the next generation of Gaming Audio products for our global gaming brand.
We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing gaming experiences using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about play. If you are a highly-creative PQA Engineer who enjoys building & testing products that help people play more, have a track record of shipping products, and enjoy working cross-functionally with mechanical, electrical, audio and optical engineers, software teams, and product professionals, you may be a great fit for Logitech G’s Gaming Audio PQA Team. You will be part of a small team focused on making gaming an amazing experience. You will create gaming product that will be used by thousands of people every day including professional gamers.
Are you ready to join the team responsible for designing world class Gaming Audio products for a great company?
The Gaming Audio Product Engineering Team is looking for an energetic Product Quality Assurance Engineer that will work to complete quality validation before, during, and after the product development cycle. This individual will complete full reliability qualifications, review engineering designs, and represent consumer interests to develop and improve quality test procedures. The individual will be responsible for researching and defining product qualification, reliability, and ongoing test processes. They will review design architectures, schematics, assemblies, and user cases. They will summarize product field performance to drive improvements to future product designs. They will investigate and address product concerns including field failures, environmental issues, and safety concerns for Gaming products such as headsets and game controllers that use traditional and wireless technologies. They will also generate test plans, and perform hands-on testing of these products. This position demands a professional with experience in a fast-paced, high technology environment with proven project management capabilities and the desire to provide leadership while driving team initiatives.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Develop reliability test specifications and work with internal and external teams to execute them.
• Provide feedback to internal teams on current status of product quality.
• Act as the gatekeeper for the product being exposed to external customers.
• Engage and manage external manufacturing partners and test houses as needed to deliver on projects.
• Work with operations team and manufacturing partners to ensure there are no quality escapes.
• Closely work with the operational quality team and bring up quality issues that need attention.
• Travel to the factory location to test and resolve issues with the product as necessary.
• Collaborate with cross-site hardware, firmware, DSP, process, test, automation teams as necessary.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 6+ years working in Product Quality Assurance, with DQA (Design Quality Assurance) exp. is a plus.
• Working experiences with ODM factories. Familiarity with factory quality assurance processes.
• Excellent written and and interpersonal communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
• Thorough knowledge of quality systems, reliability measures, and design margin.
• Ability to solve problems from understanding of first principles
• Project Management skills.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Operates well within a team.
• Experience working with external PQA vendors.
• Deeply technical – should be an expert in technical field
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Should have taken at least two small form factor consumer electronics products from concept to volume production.
• Experience in audio consumer electronics products or wearable products preferred
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• EE expertise and testing experience
• Audio product QA background
• Familiarity with test and certification standards
• An educational degree (Bachelors) in an engineering field with a minimum 10 years experience (or the equivalent)
Logitech G is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”