The Logistics Manager (LM) will manage and monitor all 3rd party vendors and carriers to support warehousing and outbound transportation operations. The LM will collaborate cross functionally with other Supply Chain departments within Logitech and externally with Logitech's 3rd parties to ensure KPI’s and corporate objectives are met annually. The LM will drive performance and process improvement to support regional warehouse & transportation end to end and has a strong background in logistics, operations and transportation
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ongoing management and oversight of warehouse & transportation activities.
- Provide significant leadership to 3PL’s & carriers to ensure alignment to Logitech's corporate and supply chain goals
- Responsible for direct supervision of local logistics staff, leading and motivating employees using a team approach to create a positive work environment
- Drive continuous improvement into Logitech’s domestic transportation network, including carrier accountability and overall delivery efficiencies through ongoing transportation initiatives
- First point of escalation for all regional operations and transportation related issues
- Ensure strong linkage with internal cross functional teams, and regional teams for business and supply chain operations
- Manage and drive metrics in the area of Logistics such as service, cost, cycle time and supplier performance management
- Proactively identify opportunities to introduce new and leverage existing operational procedures to improve productivity and efficiency
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, SOP’s, requirement documentation and presentations as needed
- Evaluate data and trends to identify improvement opportunities and associated issues and risks
- Administration of root cause analysis of issues and implementation of corrective actions when necessary
- Responsible for freight cost accounting, invoice control & accrual reporting based on corporate guidelines
- Facilitate the resolution of escalated vendor-related issues
- Receive and respond timely to daily inquiries from internal & external customers & carriers
- Prepare and maintain monthly carrier & 3PL scorecards
- Lead cross-functional CIP’s to deliver sustainable results & support growth
- 5 to 8 years relevant experience in logistics, warehouse and transportation disciplines for a multinational or global company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or related field
- Good communicator with strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to maintain priorities and deadlines in a busy and dynamic environment
- Capable of identifying and effectively communicating key messages to a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrate ability to influence teams and achieve a shared vision and drive accountability
- Team player with ability to work with other teams to resolve complex issues, ability to thrive in cross-functional environment.
- Problem solver, results oriented and metrics focused (develop, maintain and manage metrics)
- Expert organizational and planning skills; attention to detail; productive without compromising quality
- Ability to drive initiatives from start to end, on time, within budget and expectations
- Ability to recommend practical solutions using innovation, good judgment, creativity and strategic thinking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze issues and situations systematically
- Good understanding of import and export laws and activities
- Experience with business Intelligence tools and data structures
- Thorough working knowledge of international and domestic shipping laws including dangerous goods(DG)
- Must have proficient computer software skills, including Word, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Oracle, Oracle OTM a plus
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.