BI Support Manager
The BI Support Manager is responsible to plan and steer BI Support & BI Operational activities with a team of BI Support Engineers. Incumbent should work shoulder- to- shoulder with BI Development, Business and other stake holders towards building excellent Production Support system along with Job monitoring systems with reliability and good performance. Incumbent should be responsible for all the SOX activities around BI Group.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Own, Manage BI Operations & Support functions in BI Production environment.
- Clean and timely communication to all stockholders downstream in case of delays in making the data available
- Provide guidance around best practices such as deployment calendar, maintenance calendar, code reviews, SLA establishments, service analytics & reporting, operational readiness,
- Manage, mentor, and potentially grow a team of BI platform support engineers
- Partner with BI Development, Architecture, R&V teams to help leverage experience in reporting, dash boarding, and data modeling to build a long-term support vision for BI
- Contribute directly to SLA standardization, Data Quality program management and other BI efforts
- Support downstream users both technical and non-technical aspects
- Target and result oriented with strong end user focus
- Prepare the master Job Scheduling modules for the ETL Jobs
- Incident and problem management for BI Applications.
- Participate in KT sessions with Development teams for smooth hand over to BI Ops team.
- Must be self-managed , highly motivated and have a strong drive for results
- Manage product versions and upgrades at regular intervals
- Manage all the SOX deliverables with strict vigilance on time lines
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in leading BI Operations/Support (24/7)
- Understanding of business process and IT applications and data
- Very strong Knowledge with SQL, PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting
- Good knowledge with Pentaho ETL & Job scheduling
- Good working knowledge with AWS,Snowflake and Denodo
- Strong hands on experience with scripting Shell scripting, Python, Perl etc.
- Hands On Knowledge with performance tuning and knowledge with Snowflake dictionary tables
- Hands on knowledge with ETL scheduling tools like Control M , Autosys, Jams etc.
- Prior experience in managing development and support of Business Intelligence platforms with stringent SLAs and highly dynamic business requirements.
- Responsible for benchmarking and measuring the performance of various BI activities, building and publishing detailed score cards and reports.
- Analyze complex technical situations and propose creative/effective solutions by adopting minor changes to existing EDW architecture
- Hands on Performance tuning and improvements in large scale Data ware House systems
- Hands on experience in gathering and presenting various BI Support & Operations metrics.
- Experience with capacity planning based on volume analysis and transition of new application to Production
- Handling of S1 Incidents support for timely data collections for better reporting for business users
- Understanding the functional workflow of the application as well as business processes
- Understanding of all upstream and downstream interfaces linked to the application Analysis
- Should have experience with ETL tool upgrades and patch applications etc.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Exposure to Denodo Virtualization platform
- Exposure to R12 Oracle ERP environment
- Exposure to Hyperion suite
- Exposure to Tableau and OBIEE environments.
- BS/MS in computer science, Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent industry expertise.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.