The responsibilities for Senior Mechanical Engineer include mechanical design and development of Mobility accessory from product front end, through product design and launch into successful mass production. The ability to use Pro/E and analysis tools to create reliable mechanical designs for volume mass production is required. Additional responsibilities include ensuring product features achieve cost, schedule, reliability, regulatory and safety goals.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Design, analysis, documentation and testing of complex mechanical parts and assemblies. Analyze critical areas of design with use of appropriate analysis tools
• Play a key role in ensuring the final design meets quality and cost goals, and achieves specifications of reliability, manufacturability, and functionality
• Partner with manufacturing teams/suppliers to ensure our designs are optimized for mass production
• Resolve ME issues/challenges
• Partner and collaborate with other worldwide functions to achieve seamless product development
• Launch the development and qualification of plastic tooling, including design debug
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 4+ years’ experience in mechanical design/development of high volume consumer electronic products
Mechanical Layout and Design:
• Supporting product ideation and conceptualization
• Interaction with Industrial Design function: ID model evaluation and feedback
• High-level product architecture and mechanical layout
• Detailed component design
• Selection of process, materials, and finishes to achieve ID, functionality, and durability
• Creo (ProE) – 3D modeling, assembly management, 2D drawing
• Creation of complete technical documentation for RFQ packages in a PLM system
Design Development and Validation
• Knowledge and experience using multiple rapid prototyping processes for verification
• Supplier communication, selection, and design reviews
• Knowledge of tool design is required to provide valuable DFM feedback
• Knowledge of plastic, tooling, injection molding, assembly process, cosmetic finishes, and defect analysis
• Knowledge in metal punch tool structure and design
• Resolution of tooling/process/production issues
• Creating or revising SOP documents for assembly and testing
• Advanced Knowledge of quality tools such as DFMEA, DFMA, PSS and Tolerance analysis
• CAE is a plus
Additional Skills needed
• Understanding in risk management.
• Problem-solving skills
• Fluent English skill for explaining ideas and result presentation
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Multicultural experience will be preferred.
• Experience in computer, camera, cell phone and related consumer electronic products.
• Experience in injection molded plastic industry.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Bachelor or master degree in Mechanical Engineering Area
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”