Senior Mechanical Engineer
ASTRO Gaming is a rapidly growing company seeking people with a passion for product development and consumer electronics. Astrogaming is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work with a wide variety of cross functional disciplines from ID, EE, Marketing, ODM’s and more, in creating amazing products for a premium gaming brand. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for full design cycle for high volume products employing plastics and sheet metal, from brainstorming through tooling into production. This is a great opportunity to work across the full design cycle for a fun and authentic gaming brand.
In this role you will:
- Define and develop product solutions based on marketing requirements.
- Create a project schedule and manage activities for multiple major projects.
- Create clear and concise project and technical reports to share across the organization.
- Identify and perform any engineering analysis as required.
- Work independently to create detailed designs.
- Apply knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Assist in the selection and support of suppliers for prototyping, tooling and production.
- Test and evaluate prototypes, tooling and first articles.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
- Manage communications with Asia Suppliers.
- Keeps informed of new methods and developments affecting his or her organization, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of programs.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required; MSME desirable.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of design for complex high volume consumer electronic goods.
- Good working knowledge of design using both injection molded plastics and sheet metal.
- Must demonstrate experience with developing several products from concept to mass production.
- 3-D CAD skills demonstrating surface design creation using ProE a must.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and creative solutions.
- Product genesis and conceptual design skills experience.
- Engineering analysis, including strength of materials, tolerance analysis, FEA, and acoustics.
- Familiarity with regulatory agency requirements for electronic products.
- Design for manufacturability, high and low volume.
- Good verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal and people management skills.
- Able to successfully negotiate with consultants, suppliers and team members.
- Able to perform hands-on shop and lab work.
More about us:
ASTRO is a pioneer in gaming audio and lifestyle products and has a strong leadership position in the premium end of the global console gaming headset market.We believe our history of producing award-winning headsets for pro e-sports and console gamers perfectly complements the PC gaming expertise Logitech G is best known for, and we are looking forward to delivering excellence gamers have come to expect.
ASTRO Gaming is part of the larger Logitech family. Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.