Senior Firmware Engineer
Jaybird is an active lifestyle consumer electronics brand. Jaybird makes premium market leading sports tech products to inspire people to be active and empower them to improve their lives. Jaybird has pioneered the sports Bluetooth® headphone market in the US. Jaybird is obsessed with delivering insanely great sound that goes with you throughout your day. For more information, please visit www.jaybirdsport.com.
Jaybird, the Jaybird logo, and other marks are registered in Switzerland and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Logitech acquired Jaybird in April 2016 and is committed to grow Jaybird brand WW.
• Design and develop embedded firmware for microcontroller-based Bluetooth products.
• Support project initiatives collaborating with the rest of the design team ensuring that development milestones and deadlines are met.
• Define and implement high performance software and firmware by leveraging a strong understanding of embedded hardware design.
• Actively participate on, and at times leads, cross-functional teams to develop new devices as well as address design issues or maintenance of existing products.
• Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth analysis of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation
criteria for obtaining results. Internal and external contacts often pertain to company plans and objectives.
• Coordinate with project team to create and release product requirements, design
specifications and design descriptions for assigned designs applicable standards and
procedures. Responsible for recording and sharing technical knowledge gained with colleagues.
Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of programming experience in C language development including the tools used to edit, compile/build/assemble, and debug code in an embedded environment
• Knowledge and experience with different processors with built-in power management and hardware peripherals such as PWM, ADC, DAC
• Ability to read and understand circuits and hardware
• Experience in programing for Bluetooth systems (Classic + BLE)
• 1+ years of experience working with real-time operating systems
• Experience with real-time signal processing and hardware
• Experience working with various communication and control protocols including UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, USB
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to contribute to multiple concurrent projects
• Strong documentation skills
• Prior design engineering experience
• Experience with Bluetooth profiles and Bluetooth stack
• Experience with CSR Bluetooth products and development tools
• Experience with analog and digital hardware
• Experience driving technology integration and adoption
• Experience with low power wireless devices
• Software development experience in an embedded environment for audio devices
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance.