Senior Color, Material and Finish Engineer
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Engineering design, develop, specify and qualify Color, Material and Finish (CMF) components, modules, products, process and suppliers with project team and external partners, to meet project goal on cost, function, quality and schedule;Independently resolve complex CMF issues, challenges, and accomplish CMF objectives with minimal guidance within a project team;
• As owner of CMF designed parts, ensure stable product quality @ MP:
- by means of CMF design reviews, sampling, pilot builds, qualification tests, user tests, second source sample submission etc.,
- partnering with other functions to achieve seamless product design and development,
- and manufacturing teams to ensure robust CMF manufacturing processes, design for mass production and continuous improvement.
• Manage / work with key component suppliers, manufacturing partners to deliver on time, cost, quality and quantity, like paint and painting, ink / printing, plating, molding and other CMF related vendors.
• Experiences in prototyping is a plus.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 2 years experience as project engineer in CMF / ME / ID / PE of volume consumer electronic products. Bachelor/Master in science or engineering: physics, chemical, materials, metallurgy & mechanicalor, ID or CMF design. Good written and oral English; good communication skills and working in global cross functional team. Basic practice of project management.
• Experiences in CMF processes: painting, plating, anodizing, plating, PVD, IMD, ED, polishing, Hot stamping, debossing, blasting, brushing, printing, tool 3D texturing, lasering etc decoration process. Experiences in materials formulating, processing and assembly: composite, light weight structures, metal and alloys, ceramics, plastic / rubber, fabrics, leather, microfiber, paint, coating, inks, adhesives, stamping, die-cutting, die-casting, injection molding, compression molding, extrusion, knitting, jacquard, embroidery,
• Experiences in supplier development and management from local SME to large global corporations. Availability to travel.
• 3D printing skill and hands-on approach is highly sought.
• Experienced in consumer electronics and accessories: computer, gaming console, digital camera, music / video player, smartphone, wearables, sports wear, automotive interior, luxery goods, fashion accessories, etc.;
• Experienced in CMF, ME or ID related process
• Overseas experience is plus
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 510-713- 4866 for assistance.