Graphic Designer (Park City)
The Graphic Designer role at Jaybird will support the visual storytelling responsibility in creating original, culturally vibrant designs that drive brand engagement: from top level campaign concepts, to paid media advertising, branding and everything in between. As a graphic designer at Jaybird you will play an instrumental role in supporting the visual expression of our brand. You will live and breathe design, art direction, brand, outdoor sports, and the latest trends in advertising and technology. You will enjoy a fast-paced, startup atmosphere, with a flat, collaborative culture. You will pitch less and produce more, and get a real opportunity to make an impact on marketing, product and overall brand experiences. You will partner with copywriters, art directors, UX and industrial designers and a cross-functional team of marketers, product leaders, technologists and business leaders to bring ideas to life and products to market.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with others to take briefs and turn them into big, original, culturally vibrant ideas rooted in exceptional design fundamentals.
- Execute across a wide range of output, from the big one-off campaigns, to the tactical everyday minutiae and everything in between. Your output will be primarily digital but will also include environmental and print design.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and global team members and outside partners, building consensus, understanding, and cooperative working relationships
- Ensure projects are completed on time, with an exceptional level of quality
- Seek to push the brand and our marketing practice into new media, experimenting, testing and tracking.
- Strong portfolio of cutting edge work that demonstrates not only solid design skills but forward thinking approaches and a consumer-centric mindset.
- Highly polished aesthetic sense deeply rooted in design fundamentals.
- Clearly demonstrated attention to detail and passion for layout, iconography, art direction and typography.
- Strong knowledge of brand and how it extends across various touchpoints.
- Understanding of creative and technical considerations across print, website, mobile, online advertising, social media, video, and so on.
- Self-driven with the ability to sometimes create work in isolation, and propel work forward
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and partner with resources in the broader Design group to scale and deliver amazing work
- Ability to work across multiple projects and launches while keeping a cool head
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrable talent in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote, and PowerPoint. Experience with Sketch and AfterEffects are a plus.
- Experience and interest in technology, consumer technology and outdoor sport categories
- Experience designing packaging and digital marketing is a plus.
- 2-3 years of relevant design experience
- Excellent conceptual and visual storytelling talent
- Big passion, small ego
BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Fine Arts or Advertising or equivalent practical experience.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance.