Managing Director Germany & Austria
Logitech has grown significantly in recent years and expanded into new categories within Music, Gaming and Wearables to complement its traditional peripheral business. The company is dynamic, international and looks to nurture top talent.
We are looking to recruit a genuine high-caliber Managing Director to lead the German & Austrian market and be part of the Central & South European leadership team.
The Managing Director Germany & Austria will provide input, advice and leadership regarding the strategy setting, account planning and execution within the country, including developing annual budgets, monitoring the ongoing performance and instigating corrective action as necessary.
The role is responsible for developing leading a high-performing Sales & Marketing team fostering a culture of customer-centricity, accountability, collaboration and achieving big bold goals. He/She will lead the local development and execution of sell-through and sales-out revenue, marketing and business plans in the country.
We are looking for a special individual who can encompass all aspects of general management from HR, business planning, negotiation, owning the P&L and being able to deliver results through his/her team. The consumer business is key to the success of the brand but there is a strong emphasis on developing B2B categories both through the channel and end-users.
This is a hugely exciting and unique opportunity to make a mark in Logitech during a time of positive change and bring a sales and marketing team of circa 30 people with you to elevate both Germany & Austria and the Central South European territory.
We are looking for an inspiring and open leadership style coupled with the ability to dig deep into both account and category business planning. You should be able to deliver a strong modern etail & retail strategy and expand our B2B & enterprise business encompassing multi-brand and Omni-channel experience.
An international mindset, a humble personality and positive personality will fit well at Logitech.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for overall performance of the Country working through sell-through, sales-out, marketing and a dedicated Central & South Europe team.
- Define Country Plan:
- Leading the collaboration of key stakeholders, Marketing Managers and Account Managers to agree on Country Strategy aligned with the Category priorities.
- Define Account priorities and allocate resources accordingly.
- Define Country KPIs.
- Identify and realise business development opportunities within the Country and develop clear rationale for investment and ROI.
- Develop and approve :
- Customer Account Plans for Key Accounts.
- Define strategy with the account team.
- Lead account relationship and ensure first class execution of plan.
- Identify accounts that need support from Category Teams.
- Work closely with Category Marketing Managers to ensure effective deployment of Marketing resources and execution of Marketing activities.
- Ensure alignment with Regional Leadership team.
- Lead the transformation to strategic cooperation with key customer: Establish a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones.
- Lead a high-performing Sales & Marketing team that enforces great discipline in sales processes and delivers excellence in execution and over achievement of business results.
- Work closely with the Category Heads to ensure alignment on priorities and effective allocation of resources.
- Ensure country adherence to centrally-defined category policies, Account guidelines and pricing recommendations in each Account plan.
- Initiate, develop and manage strong partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels in the organisation including EAMEA leaders and manage team effectively to build these partnerships on a regional level.
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- Minimum of 15 years in sales, business development & marketing management within a retail and consumer environment; ideally for a CE or IT brand but not exclusively.
- Strong understanding of the retail market dynamics; changing nature of the retail environment and ability to drive a multi-brand business forward in new or existing channels.
- Strong and active network in the German Retail/e-tail market and able to actively engage with the customer.
- Executive-level presence with excellent communication skills, providing clear and timely communication and demonstrating effective listening skills.
- Excellent Leadership skills and ability to drive but also nurture a team .
- High energy/positive attitude, confident in his/her abilities, self-motivated and able to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-category team-based matrix environment.
- A rounded sales driver and business leader with the inherent character to succeed.
- Good track-record in developing new and existing business.
- Marketing experience and appreciation of its value.
- Experience working in an international environment.
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Strong P&L management.
- Likeable person with Gravitas.
- A genuine Passion for Logitech, humble, but not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”