Senior Acoustic Design Engineer for Video Collaboration Headsets
The Senior Acoustic Design Engineer is responsible for specifying, designing, and reviewing headphones and headsets project acoustic architecture and system design from the product front end, through product design, and launch into successful mass production. It needs to work with the internal design engineering team and contract manufacturers to achieve the product function required specifications from product managers.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Collaborate in a multidisciplinary team on designs and throughout the product development.
• Work as a part of the System Architecture team to help prototype and define technology roadmaps and future products.
• Work cross-functionally with the Firmware, Software, and Electrical teams to drive the architectural definition and resolve related issues.
• Model and prototype acoustical systems.
• Collect subjective and objective acoustical data.
• Drive external vendors and contract manufacturers to achieve outstanding acoustic performance.
• Be the point of communication for the project's acoustic development status to a broad audience from executives to engineers highlighting risks with corrective actions.
• Create the engineering verification testing plan and review the reports.
• Work with the internal and external engineering team on the design validation plan and reports.
• Work closely with the factory on the production testing related to acoustic performance.
• Support factory pilot and production build.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• 3~5+ years headset (or similar acoustical system) development experience.
• Proficient in reading basic schematics and layouts.
• Experience with acoustical modeling software and understanding of underlying physics.
• Understand Microsoft TEAMS qualification and lab testing requirements.
• Experience with the factory on the production acoustic testing and data analysis.
• Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and strong logic thinking to resolve project issues.
• Able to lead a discussion on issues and make informed decisions.
• Outstanding communication skills verbally and written in English.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Experience working with Asia-based manufacturing partners.
• Ability to travel to Asia and the US.
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
• Experience with SoundCheck a plus.
• Bachelor or Graduate Degree in Acoustics, EE, ME, Physics, or related degree with an emphasis in Acoustics.
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.