Trade Compliance Analyst
At Logitech, the Global Trade Compliance Team provides trade and customs support to Logitech’s global operations and sales network. The Global Trade Compliance team ensures that Logitech’s transactions satisfy legal requirements to file complete and accurate export and import declarations with local customs and other government authorities for international shipments. They are responsible for procedures for assigning and reporting correct and accurate import and export classifications, customs values, and country or origin. These data elements are used by local customs, tax, or other government authorities to determine, among other things, the rate of duty, the amount of duty and tax, and the exportability/admissibility of the shipment. The Global Trade Compliance Team is a worldwide team with members in the United States, Brazil, the Netherlands, and China.
The current opening is for a WW Trade Compliance Analyst based in the US (Newark) who will report directly to the Senior Manager Trade Compliance EMEA & AMR.
The Trade Compliance Analyst is a key player within Logitech Global Trade Compliance Team. The Analyst coordinates Trade Compliance activities and is the main contact for the various internal and external stakeholders in her/his region. Additionally, the Trade Compliance Analyst supports the Global Trade Compliance Team in meeting the corporate worldwide trade compliance policies, regional policies, and supply chain/logistics functions.
Your job responsibilities as a Trade Compliance Analyst may include:
- Manually classify Logitech’s products with HTS/ECCN codes based on business requirements
- Create marketplace specific Rationales as input reference for the rule writers
- To audit the results of the Rule writers and ensure the rule achieves expected accuracy
- Support compliance programs such as ACE, CTPAT, Denied Party Screening, Importer Self-Assessment, Center of Expertise and Excellence and duty savings programs such as FSE
- Maintaining and managing import and export records to ensure company compliance
- Conduct pre/post entry compliance audits and interface with Logitech’s brokers
- Identifies gaps and drives improvement/ optimization initiatives that work toward a metric improvement within processes/functions at site level
- Develops processes or tool components with documented SOPs for new processes or activities undertaken by the function
- Perform Denied Party Screening and FCPA Screening
- Play a key support role to ensure that the dangerous goods regulations (including DOT and IATA) are followed when applicable
- Monitoring Regional Customs and Trade Compliance Regulatory Changes
In addition to the core responsibilities listed above, you will be expected to take on a larger organizational role. These can include tasks such as:
- Responsible for productivity, quality, and coverage metrics goals
- Analyzes data and is responsible for highlighting gaps, recommending solutions, driving/influencing inter-function decisions
- Deep dive into a problem, performs ‘root cause analysis, and identifies constraints and recommend solutions to fix business problems
- Drive continuous improvement and documenting any issues/RCAs/action planning in functional area and owns specific action or change recommended
- Creation and maintenance of SOPs and supporting documents that mandate for classification process
- Interacts with multiple stakeholders to communicate on process & operations and represents data/metrics information and project reviews
- Extensive (practical) experience with US Customs law and regulations in particular
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, must be able to express oneself clearly in technical and non-technical terms
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, MS Outlook; MS Excel proficiency is an advantage
- Strong attention to details
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and ability to influence others through demonstrated expertise
- Ability to analyze and identify patterns in large data sets, must be comfortable working with large data sets
- Decision making aptitudes based on given guidelines and in ambiguous contexts
- Very good knowledge and experience in internet navigation and research – finding specific information about products in a timely manner
- 3-5 years of experience in HTS & ECCN classification, with strong knowledge in Import & Export regulations, Free trade agreements (FTA), Country of origin (COO)
- Retail industry experience
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvements.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with classification under the Harmonized System (HTS);
- Good understanding of the EU-Dual-Use regulations (and US-EAR regulations)
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at + 1-510-713-4866 for assistance.