Principal Kernel/BSP Engineer
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. We have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years, including a whopping 81% in the latest quarter.
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can't wait to talk to you and bring you on-board :)
- At least 10 years of Software development experience, with at least 7 years, as a Kernel/BSP engineer for a mass-market, commercially successful product running Embedded Linux or Android.
- Strong, hands-on C/C++ experience, leading scalable software design and implementation for large-scale, highly complex set of requirements
- Extensive hands-on experience with bring-up of Android or Linux devices on more than one popular ARM-based SoCs such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon series, MediaTek, NXP SoCs
- Deep Power & performance optimization and platform stabilization experience
- Real world bootloader experience for a Linux/Android device
- At least a Bachelors degree in one or more of these Engineering fields: Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- Demonstrable experience in Real-time Embedded software (RTOS) and Microcontroller fundamentals, including Interrupts, Registers, Watchdog, DMA, RTOS,
- Experience with GPU pipeline optimization
- Device drivers development experience for common devices and low-level communication protocol such as USB, UART, I2C, I2S, PCIe, GPIO, I2C, ADC, DAC, etc.
- Experience with SoC and embedded platform vendor engagement - particularly creating SOWs, negotiating timelines/delivery objectives and ensuring the deliveries meet quality and scalability objectives for both design and implementation.
- High degree of ownership and a 'go-getter' attitude that is contagious
- Quick learner, inquisitive with excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Extensive experience with Linux/Android camera stack (V4L2, HAL v3)
- Very comfortable with debugging tools such as Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope
- Experience with Device Security paradigms such as SELinux, disk encryption, secure boot, signed system builds
- Experience with Gstreamer
- Experience with hardware based acceleration for audio/video codecs
- Experience with Python development