Lead Industrial Designer
From the streets to the world's biggest stages, Ultimate Ears makes beautiful, premium audio gear so music fans and creators alike can listen, perform, and live to the ultimate.
We're looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Industrial Designer to join our ID team in Newark, CA. This is a Lead-level role requiring an outstanding design portfolio and deep experience in bringing products to market. The ideal candidate is passionate about designing next-generation products and services and is comfortable tackling all aspects of the design process - from participating in user research to physical and digital prototyping to telling compelling stories throughout the design process.
Why is this role important for Logitech?
We work differently here – we design highly polished, human-centered, future-forward experiences across both digital and physical touch points. We prototype to learn, design to inspire, and we ship real products that people love to use. We design world-class, branded end-to-end experiences while embracing design excellence.
More about the role and what you will do:
- Craft the future products and experiences of Ultimate Ears, working in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment with CMF, UX and ID designers
- Design and craft thoughtful solutions addressing people’s needs and aspirations across a range of product experiences. Leading all phases of the design thinking process from conceptual, to strategic, to tactical, to implementation
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering to deliver on both strategic and tactical projects, solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Play an active role in our internal Design Team and be part of an eclectic mix of world-class designers and craftspeople in an international environment. As such, we are looking for a thought leader and conceptual thinker that is never satisfied with the status quo
- Work in partnership with senior leader(s) to give input on design project objectives
- Provide team leadership with the ability to run projects with little support, while coaching in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of our field
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipate potential objections and persuades others to adopt a different point of view
- Occasionally travel nationally and internationally
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Curated portfolio of cutting-edge design that demonstrates forward thinking (and an understanding of the latest CE technologies, and manufacturing processes)
- Ideation, concept visualization, communication, form development, CAD, model making, and rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated experience with defining Materials, Colors, and Finishes for manufacturing
- 7+ years of relevant Industrial Design experience
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent
Small Company. Big Products. Want to be part of this team of innovators?
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of beautiful design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Our product experiences are designed for popular computing devices -- PCs and Macs, tablets, and smartphones.
Logitech is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Logitech are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1-510-713-4866 for assistance