Sr. Manager, CMF Engineering
Sr. Manager, CMF Engineering
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? Logitech is now looking for a senior CMF Engineering Manager to lead the team in Suzhou, China.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will lead a team of CMF engineers in Suzhou for Logitech focusing on new product design and development of new materials, technologies and manufacturing processes as a part of the global x-functional team working with partners and suppliers.
- Lead the Suzhou CMF Eng team, people management, lab management
- Build-up and develop team capability on creative new product design and development best practice. Direct engineers on technical decisions, directions and ensure the technical visions are aligned with business, design and manufacturing.
- Partner with BG CMF Eng category leads to
- deliver creative CMF ENG design for NPIs with agreed Cost, Schedule, user eXperiences and sustainability
- Ensure healthy technical pipeline to support BG product roadmaps
- Supporting operation, partners and suppliers technically when required
- Make sound technical decisions to ensure the right balance of risk, short and long term investment in CMF and x-functional technologies to maximize positive business impact.
- Represents CMF engineering on cross-functional teams like supplier scorecard, Supplier Quarterly Techno Rev.
- Representing Logitech on CMF engineering to develop strategic partnership with local universities, research institutes and leaders in the relevant industries.
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- Technical competence:
- Materials (plastic, metal, composites, fabrics, sustainable materials, flexible technology and so on), color/appearance management techniques and finishing techniques (printing, painting, IMD, texturing, etc.) and other CMF processes
- Experiences on design for sustainability a plus
- Experience on Industry design is a plus
- Project management experiences
- Eng design and quality tools like DFSS, DFMEA, SPC, …
- Personal competence
- Leadership and people management skills
- Delivery w/ x-functional, multicultural, x-company collaborations
- Fluent English (reading, speaking and writing), Chinese a plus
- Good communication skills, technical influencer to business owners
- Challenging the status quo to constantly expand our perspective
- Willing to travel
- Able to work with overseas suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent or above - training in one of the following specialties or related: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science and engineering, printing technology, mechanical engineering
- Experience (minimum )
- 10+ yrs CMF related experience
- 5+ years experience in leading x-functional collaborations.
- 5 years experience in electronics, sports goods or related industries: molding, painting, printing, plastic decoration
- 3 year experience in managing suppliers in high volume production, small batch manufacturing a plus
- 3 years experience working as a project engineer
- 2 years experience in leading a team (people manager) in resolving complex technical issues
- Working knowledge of PFMEA, DFSS and other advanced design and quality improvement tools