JD - Senior CMF AME Engineer
Are you ready to join a team involved with designing exciting products for a great company? Logitech is now looking for a CMF (Color Material Finish) Adv. Manufacturing Engineering Engineer in Suzhou, China.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will focus on DfX, manufacturing design and best practise in Logitech and manufacturing partners, to support current and future products and consumer needs by enabling and improving manufacturing design and capability:
- Research, design, develop and implement safe, optimal, cost-effective CMF processes, methods, and equipment, platforms, embracing emerging science and technology like sustainable materials, IoT, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Lead complex manufacturing design projects involving cross-functional teams, based on a broad scope of manufacturing design with systematic approach.
- Demonstrate improvements to CMF manufacturing processes, methods, and controls by pilot-scale projects for new CMF processes.
- setup best in the class CMF DfX and best practise of standard manufacturing design (not product design) in Logitech and partners
- Efficient transfer relevant emerging CMF technology to Logitech and manufacturing partners
- Own cutting-edge technology relevant to Logitech products and manufacturing design
- Own the CMF manufacturing tech pipeline by keeping abreast of the industrial trends and breakthroughs.
- Work with Operation and strategic partners and suppliers to ensure new technologies are implemented effectively into designed volume production or customisation.
- Own CMF manufacturing design best practice. Lead Logitech and manufacturing partners on DFM, GD&T, SPC, DOE, perform materials selection, trial and qualification such as painting / printing / plating, and other CMF processes, trouble shooting on-site, support product projects when needed.
- Performs CMF parts/process analysis and demonstrates continuous improvement initiatives for cost reduction, scrap reduction, re-working, yield improvements and increased overall manufacturing efficiency.
Represents CMF engineering on cross-functional teams like supplier scorecard, Supplier Quarterly Techno Rev.
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- Technical competence:
- Strong analytical, planning and development skills
- Consumer electronics manufacturing design or process engineering. Synthesize and present data and ideas logically.
- Keeper of the manufacturing design quality to enable CMF process capability in MP, solving problems systematically.
- Eng design and quality experiences like DFM, GD&T, SPC, DOE, troubleshooting on-site
- Familiar with materials knowhow & technology (plastic, metal, composites, sustainable materials, flexible technology and so on). Experienced in color/appearance management techniques and finishing techniques like printing, painting, IMD, and other CMF processes
- New tech development and transfer experiences
- NPI engineering design
- Personal competence
- Curiosity, self-starter and delivery w/ x-functional, x-company collaborations
- Supplier management skills
- Fluent English (reading, speaking and writing), Chinese is a plus
- Good communication skills as the CMF consultant, CMF technical influencer
- Being able to work efficiently in a global, multi-cultural team
- Willing to travel
- Able to work with overseas suppliers
- Master’s degree, equivalent or above - training in one of the following specialties or related: chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, materials science and engineering, printing technology, mechanical engineering, industrial design, data sciences.
- Experience (minimum)
- 3 years experiences as a CMF/ME engineer, process engineer
- 3 years experience in electronics, sports goods or related industries: molding, painting, printing, plastic decoration
- 2 year experience in managing suppliers in high volume production, small batch manufacturing a plus
- 2 years experience working as a project engineer
- Working knowledge of PFMEA, DFSS and other advanced design and quality improvement tools