Technical Software Program Manager - Gaming Audio
Logitech is transitioning from a company known for building great hardware to becoming a company that is known for creating great software and services.
We have huge ambitions in this space and are looking for a technical software program manager, a key member of an exciting audio program, to partner closely with product management, design, engineering and QA to help us create software experiences that make Logitech stand apart from our competitors, by building ground breaking software.
- Ownership: You will be responsible for several software projects dealing with enabling the audio experience in Logitech’s gaming product line. You will drive the delivery of audio features and functionality on Logitech’s desktop and mobile applications. Within software engineering, you will work with a global team of internal and outsourced engineers.
- Feasibility Assessment:. You will be part of a team of technical project and program managers, tasked with driving highly desirable, viable and technically feasible products. While product management owns defining what we build and the design team owns the experience, you will be expected to contribute ideas and provide constructive feedback on the ideas of others. You will do this by leveraging your own technical expertise and leveraging a network of experts in the engineering team. You will also be responsible for identifying and delivering PoC’s to validate the product architecture.
- Project Management: You will be responsible for driving the delivery of desktop and mobile software using agile methodologies, acting as a scrum master and also for communicating status to key stakeholders. This is a complex task as beyond just coordinating software engineering, design and product management, you will also be coordinating delivery with firmware and hardware engineering. A key part of the role will also be driving change to ensure that we are using best practices when it comes to software development.
- Technical Approach: On your projects you will be responsible for converting user stories and designs into technical requirements and detailed specifications that various engineering teams can execute on. To be successful at this, you will build a deep understanding of our software architecture and form close working relationships with architects and module leads. You will work very closely with the engineers working on your projects.
- Innovation: You will also be responsible for staying on top of the technology trends in your domain and for identifying new enablers, evangelizing these and for driving engineering lead innovation in your domain.
- 7+ years of experience managing the full life cycle of consumer electronics products, with a focus on software, in a globally distributed team.
- Solid system level and software stack perspective and understanding. Experience working across, and familiar with the inter-dependencies associated with the majority of the following software type deployments: desktop, embedded, mobile, and cloud,. Ability to work closely with multiple architects, module leads and engineers, to arrive at technical solutions, keeping in mind the current and future needs of the product.
- Prior experience working on products with embedded software and collaborating with firmware/hardware engineering is a strong plus.
- Expertise in agile methodology frameworks, leading sprint ceremonies, and acting as a scrum master.
- deep understanding and passion for implementing software development best practices (e.g. CI/CD, automated testing, dev ops etc.)
- Experience managing risk, accommodating change and managing trade offs.
- Experience working with product management and design.
- A proven ability to deal with ambiguity paired with strong problem solving skills on the technology, process and people fronts.
- Creativity, curiosity and a passion for technology, demonstrated by side projects/independent learning etc.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and communication skills. Experience leading by influence rather than authority.
- Experience leading off-shore software development is a strong plus.
- Willing to work PST time zone hours
San Francisco Bay Area: While we ideally are looking for talents for our Silicon Valley Campus, we encourage anybody who is willing to work in US Pacific Time Zone business hours to apply. Travel domestically and internationally to attend meetings will be required from time to time.
- BS/MS in engineering and/or computer science and prior experience as a software engineer in consumer product development.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with system level engineering
- Experience working closely with firmware and hardware products
- Interest in audio technologies, familiarity with audio consumer electronics products such as headsets, speakers/microphones
- A passion for gaming and the associated user experience
Small Company. Big Products
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio and reach for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, Age, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (510)713- 4866 for assistance.