Sr. Mechanical Engineer
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will ideate concepts, design down to the details, generate 2D/3D files, create product specification, prototype & test, and optimize the design.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Collaborate with industrial designers, product integrity, hardware, software, and technology groups to refine & execute on the design of the product.
- Develop initial product layouts. Generate concepts, prototype, demonstrate & test to drive down-selection.
- Partner with external vendors & internal manufacturing teams to optimize designs for function, cosmetics and manufacturability.
- Ensure design meets requirements throughout its lifecycle by performing stress, tolerance, and failure analyses.
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
- Genuine curiosity
- A sense of ownership
- Engineering fundamentals: solid mechanics, material science, heat transfer, mechanism design, manufacturing
- Key skills: tolerance analysis, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, design for assembly/manufacturability, designing for high volume manufacturing of injection molded, die cast, sheetmetal, and machined parts, metrology, simple fixture design, computer aided design, statistical process control
- Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas and contribute to brainstorms
- Good English communication skill
In addition, preferable skills and behaviors include:
- Experience on SMART phone, tablet, TV box development will be a plus
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical, Automation or related major