Senior Manager of Project Management
The Video Collaboration business team is looking for a top-class technical leader, motivated to design and build the next generation of video conferencing equipment. If you are a highly-creative technical program manager with a focus on hardware and NPIs, who has since transitioned into a management/leadership role, have a track record of shipping products, and enjoy growing and leading a team of like-minded project managers, you may be a great fit for Logitech's Video Collaboration team.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Driven to grow, manage, and mentor a team of hardware project managers, leading by example as well as helping team members grow into technical project leaders
• Ability to understand and explain business/architectural/project tradeoffs, make recommendations, commit to and evangelize technical/project decisions, and help drive the product development process
• Must be detail oriented, self-directed, driven to understand the “big picture”, with demonstrable leadership and organizational skills
• As comfortable guiding strategic decisions and interacting with executives and major partners, as you are experienced with the day-to-day tactical challenges of a project, working directly and cross-functionally with functional teams and project managers
• Experience in product development execution, including transitioning projects to manufacturing. Knowledge in at least one engineering discipline with a versatile knowledge of others (EE, mechanics, optics, acoustics, FW, signal processing, SW, factory tests, project management) a huge plus.
• Excellent at motivating teams, “context not control”, pushing ownership down, developing trust within and across teams, with a direct and candid style
• Not afraid to challenge the status quo; you not only know how to “work the machine” but also are willing to question assumptions in a positive manner. Start-up experience (or mindset) a big plus.
• Good English language communication and interpersonal skills along with native Mandarin language skills; bi-cultural (Taiwanese/American) a plus
• Willing to travel periodically to California and China
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Manage and lead a team of first-line Technical Hardware Project Managers, responsible for the back end of the product life cycle, taking projects from prototype through to factory hand-off, including in-house manufacturing, JDM, ODM and CDM
• Work with the Head of Engineering to communicate business context, define roles-and-responsibilities, drive technical initiatives and product development efforts, to shorten the product development cycle, achieve higher quality, and make our projects more predictable, all with a high sense of ownership and collaboration
• Build relationships with outside technical partners and internal business operations teams, to represent our interests and push them in areas that benefit us; help vet external ODM partners to scale our engineering resources
• Be a resource for US-based engineering managers, in areas where they might need help (including hiring Hsinchu-based team members, candid assessments, lab/office space needs, etc.).
• Potential to becoming the cross-functional site leader in Hsinchu for the Video Collaboration team.
• 12 years of engineering and engineering management experience (or equivalent), with high volume consumer electronics products or enterprise solutions involving both hardware and software.
Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in an Engineering discipline; graduate experience is a plus
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we're small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we're big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That's a pretty sweet spot to be in and we're always striving to keep it that way.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability."