Regional Category Manager
Sr. Regional Category Manager, Asia Pacific Logitech Gaming - ASTRO
The role solid reports to Marketing Director, EMEA & Asia Pacific (located in Shanghai), with a dotted line to respective Astro Global Business Group.
This role has two exciting challenges and responsibilities:
First, geographic responsibility for Asia Pacific. With 58% of the world population and the fastest growth in GDP & average income, the Asia Pacific region represents one of the biggest opportunities for Logitech in the years ahead. However, with 14 major & many smaller countries, countless languages, very diverse cultures and economic systems, the biggest challenge will lie in our capability to address the dynamics of the different local markets, customers and consumers with speed and local insights.
Second, category responsibility for Astro. Logitech has acquired the ASTRO Gaming in August 2017. ASTRO creates premium video gaming equipment and lifestyle products for professional gamers, leagues, and gaming prosumers. ASTRO was spun-off from design powerhouse ASTRO Studios, known in the gaming world for designing the Xbox 360®, along with Alienware™ and HP® Gaming PCs. ASTRO produces a line of gamer-centric "tech-life" products that support this rapidly growing gaming community.
The Logitech Asia Pacific Marketing team is looking for a Sr. Regional Category Manager to lead one of the most potential categories for Logitech across the 4Ps (from brand and marketing strategy, portfolio development to regional Marketing programs) to drive revenue growth and share gain across AP.
This position involves working with a strong team of global business group, global marketers, regional and local PR and Digital marketing, trade marketing and consumer insights to define the optimum strategy, priorities and plans to maximize revenue opportunities.
Move fast. Speak up. Decide and own. Drive change. Exceed customer needs. These are some of the winning behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
- Being an expert for AP on category business, competition, consumers’ needs and behaviors, marketing needs for the category ATL/BTL
- Own Regional Marketing budget for the category
- Being the point of contact for global Business Group & Cluster Category Manager cross countries
- Responsible for Regional Category P&L, goals, strategy, priority, performance
- Make decision on territorial launch for products
- Be the champion for roadmap + respective business case evaluation and new product execution for the categories (including packaging review, launch deliverables such as copy doc, specifications):
- Define pricing strategy and MSRP in AP countries
- Profitability and Standard Margin % per product line
- Channel strategies and segmentations
- Design and support channel launch and implementation
- Define the regional marketing calendar for the category and work with Regional Marketing on deliverables and toolkits on focus area
- Regional marketing activities for category/products
- Cluster marketing priorities for the category/products
For consideration, you must bring the following skills and behaviors to our team:
- 8+ years of international experience in FMCG, consumer electronics, and/or brand/marketing management consulting.
- Experience with full marketing mix, developing marketing plans and 360 campaign
- Experience in developing brand, strategy recommendations and successfully growing a product line
- Passion for consumers’ needs and business dynamics
- In-depth experience in understanding customer preferences, attitudes and other factors that influence marketing plan and campaign
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence brand strategy across the organization, is required.
- Ideal candidate has proven leadership skills to create strong internal/external relationships, while being a global team player.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams, both functionally and geographically is critical.
- Ability to view issues from a broad strategic perspective and strong experience in problem solving, influencing and decision making.
- Organizational savvy to understand how to get things done in a matrix organization
- Team player – great communicator
- Self-management skills and self-started attitude highly valued
- English fluent verbally and written is a must, Mandarin is a nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance, MBA is a plus
Small Company. Big Products.
Logitech is a world leader in products that connect people in a natural, intuitive way to the digital experiences they care about. We develop our products with a powerful blend of artistic design, surprising science, and innovation driven by consumer insight. Our consumer products are designed for popular computing devices--PCs and Macs, tablets and smartphones.